cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1987 37' Winnebago Elandan for Sale >$45,000< ??

timmac
Explorer
Explorer
Seller’s Description:

CELEBRITY OWNED, DANA PLATO the beautiful & Talented actress that played KIMBERLY DRUMMOND on the very popular 80's "WHATCHOO TALKIN BOUT WILLIS" T.V. show, DIFF'RENT STROKES, spent the last 4 months of her life traveling in, living in and sadly passing away in this motorhome. It has remained unused and in her family's possession since her passing. It was Winnebago's top of the line, biggest and best coach that year at 37 feet long with a tag axle. It is clean and in fair condition, with faded paint, stripes and needing t.l.c. inside and out. It runs and drives well but still has Dana's original tires, hoses and belts on it. You can find autographed pictures of Dana Plato for sale, but this is absolutely the MOST SUBSTANTIAL REMAINING MEMORABILIA she has left !!! TRULY UNIQUE AND 1 OF A KIND !!! (Own the vehicle Dana enjoyed driving, her home, furniture, appliances and fixtures.)

Price: $45,000 obo

https://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/rv-and-trailers/unspecified/unspecified/2234748.html?refer=blog

She overdose on drugs and died in RV, who would even pay a thousand dollars for that..

:E
20 REPLIES 20

grumpy3b
Explorer
Explorer
there is a sub-culture if memorabilia collectors who actually want ti buy muder hones and all manner of, what mist call, "twisted" items associated with death.

We here know the real valueof this rig BUT, out tgere could well be someone that perfers it over something nit associated with the sad fall & eventual death of a celebrity. There are obsessed "fans", ask Jodie Foster, with means to buy befire another one cones aking to snatch it awawy.

Interestingly Ebay has rules to block the sale if items like this. Anything associated with tragedy of recent vintage. You can still sell items of ecents like the Titanic. So argue it's a poor policy for what was once touted a America's last truely level field open narket selling venue.

That RV is creeoy vut, meh, if a person exists to buy ut, great for the seller.

grldst
Explorer
Explorer
First Class A I bought was a 1985 Elandan 32ft. I bought in 1988. It had a 454 chevy engine. Pretty nice RV as I recall, drove nice and rode nice. I remember the price being $32,000.00.

dodge_guy
Explorer
Explorer
At best it's worth $10k! She was good on Different Strokes, but that doesn't make it worth anymore than a similar model.

As it sits it's worth $7k
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

1320Fastback
Explorer
Explorer
I'm thinking more like $3,000. Straight away it needs $2,000 in tires, complete overhaul of every rubber component on the engine and someone's got to fish out all the left over drugs before you get pulled over!
1992 D250 Cummins 5psd
2005 Forest River T26 Toy Hauler

doxiemom11
Explorer II
Explorer II
I feel the same as you. Wouldn't want it.

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Twenty-three years old, faded and dated, only $45k. What a deal.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad