cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

1999 Winnebago Adventurer Generator Service

CWDoc115
Explorer
Explorer
I'm trying to find out what parts I need to service the generator.
Can I get the parts I need at Walmart, an auto parts store, or will I need to go the nearest RV dealer?
6 REPLIES 6

hipower
Explorer
Explorer
My local truck parts dealer has always had the fuel and oil filters but at times the air filter is out of stock and requires several days to get in. Can't say why and it has never been an issue since I'm rarely in a hurry for any of them. I try to keep a full set of filters on hand so I can do my service when it is convenient for me.

bounder39zman
Explorer II
Explorer II
if you post Onan gen model and spec, You would probably even get part numbers to help you out with your shopping

BigRabbitMan
Explorer
Explorer
CWDoc115 wrote:
Thanks guys! I really didn't want to drive over an hour to the nearest RV dealer.... :B
Be sure to bring the model and serial number of the generator with you. They will use that to identify the correct part. The make and year of the motorhome is immaterial.
BigRabbitMan
Gas to Diesel Conversion project
76 FMC #1046, Gas Pusher became a Diesel Pusher
Discussion thread on this site
"You're never too old to learn something stupid."

CWDoc115
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks guys! I really didn't want to drive over an hour to the nearest RV dealer.... :B

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
If WalMart doesn't have what you need, go to an Auto Parts store.
There's nothing special about the plugs and filters.

bounder39zman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Assuming you have an Onan, possibly 5BGE, parts like oil, filters, spark plugs readily available at Auto parts stores.