cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2000 monaco diplomat questions

blkcloud01
Explorer
Explorer
Just got it yesterday.. pusher with a cummins.. I have a couple of silly questions.. 1 I dont have a owners manual, and 2 the man I got it from has only driven it once since he bought it last year and didnt know anything about it..
when I start the generator I cant get the air conditions to come on.. I have a digital thermostat that goes from cool to fan to furnace.. I thought that might turn them on but think there may be a switch hidden somewhere...
also when I try to turn the gen off from the drivers seat, I push the switch down that says "gen start" and it cuts off.. but then about 5 seconds later it will start back up on its own.. I have to go out side and turn it off with the switch on the generator.. how do I turn it off from inside the MH? thanks!
6 REPLIES 6

WayneLee
Explorer
Explorer
First, I would check the generator output. There are probably two circuit breakers on the generator, be sure they are set correctly. And, yes, you use your digital thermostat to control the AC's. Check your thermostat to see if the HVAC system is working by just turning the fan to the ON position. If the fan doesn't run or if the AC's still don't come on, then you need to plug the coach in and see if the AC's turn on with shore power. Finally, the transfer switch should be checked.

On the auto generator start, I am not sure when this was added as a feature for Monaco coaches. Basically, the system monitors the batteries, and if the battery charge get too low, the system automatically starts the generator to charge the batteries. Neat feature, but scary the first couple of times it happens to you, you'll wonder if your generator is possessed.

Wayne Lee
Out West Somewhere

2016 Forest River Sunseeker 3050DS Class C | Hummer H3 dinghy

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
Unless someone modified the system, there is NO hidden switch or any other switch that is stopping the roof AC's from operating. There MUST be 120 power to the Roof AC's. Are you positive there is 120 power thru out the RV on APU? The wall tstat is 12 volt controlled and will function without 120 power. It TAKES 120 power to run the Fan and Compressor. Doug

justlou
Explorer
Explorer
You need to hold the switch down until the generator stops running. If that doesn't work you probably have a bad switch. I have a 3rd switch located on the control panel in the bedroom. Not sure about yours. The AC units will not start immediately. It takes a couple of minutes. Switch your thermostat to AC and set the temperature several degrees below the inside temp and wait at least two to three minutes to see if they will start. You must have both AC units switched on for them both to work. You should see a 1 or 2 or both numbers on the thermostat. Also, if you have heat pumps and the outside temp is in the mid to low 30's they will not start and try to switch to the propane furnace. Some of this is assumptions based on the operation of my 2006. However, my 2002 also worked the same way.
justlou
2006 Monaco Diplomat
2014 Honda CR-V AWD

The_Texan
Explorer
Explorer
There are a couple of ckt brkrs on the Onan, at the control panel. Reset them and that may be your problem. Also, reset ALL the brkrs in the main panel, as one or more may be tripped but still look good. Does the electrical panel inside show 50a service when the Onan is running? If not, then you may have a ATS problem.

Bob & Betsy - USN Aviation Ret'd '78 & LEO Ret'd '03 & "Oath Keeper Forever"

2005 HR Endeavor 40PRQ, '11 Silverado LT, Ex Cab 6.2L NHT 4x4, w/2017 Rzr 4-900 riding in 16+' enclosed trailer in back.
Where the wheels are stopped today

blkcloud01
Explorer
Explorer
I should have known how to spell it..I have had 4-5 of them..LOL... thanks!

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
You'll need to check breakers for the a/c. And around here it's Cummins, with no 'g'. I know everybody says cummings but they're all wrong.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman