cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2002 Jayco Granite Ridge Dash Clock

HeeHawHoney
Explorer
Explorer
Anybody out there with a Jayco Class C that has trouble with the dash clock on the radio draining the house battery when it's in storage? Should I just disconnect the battery or is there a way to turn off the clock? I hate to disconnect it because we are going to have to run the generator fairly regularly in the future. Just spent a fortune on a new carburetor for the genset today because we let it get gummed up.
"The Hilton"
2002 Jayco 3100SS
Brett and Tracy and Bella (The Beautiful Bulldog)
My Blog - Alabama Overdrive
Pic of "The Hilton"
Pic of "The Beautiful Bulldog"
Pic of Brett and Tracy
4 REPLIES 4

ericsmith32
Explorer
Explorer
Does your Jayco have powered steps? If so I'd say that's what is killing your battery.. did on mine. Those steps pull power from both the house and chassis battery.
2005 Jayco Escapade 28ZSLP (3500 Chevy chassis)

j-d
Explorer II
Explorer II
Our Jayco is a 2003. I like the way the radio can play when the engine is running and the house battery is turned off, or when the engine is off with the key removed and house battery is on.
If it's parked more than a few days with the house battery on, the house battery will be discharged. If I turn the house battery off and make sure all the engine stuff is off, the Jayco can sit for a couple months without running the batteries down.
There should be a House Battery Switch, probably by the house entry door. It actually controls a Latching Relay near your House Battery(ies). IF for some reason, that Relay is NOT disconnecting when you ask it to, that's your problem.
I usually leave a ceiling light ON so I can see the House Battery go OFF when I hit the Disconnect.
You should NOT have to go out and physically disconnect the House Battery.
If God's Your Co-Pilot Move Over, jd
2003 Jayco Escapade 31A on 2002 Ford E450 V10 4R100 218" WB

HeeHawHoney
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks, JNorton. I believe that is what we're going to do. I didn't think about the carbon monoxide and fire detectors. I'll bet you're right about that too.
"The Hilton"
2002 Jayco 3100SS
Brett and Tracy and Bella (The Beautiful Bulldog)
My Blog - Alabama Overdrive
Pic of "The Hilton"
Pic of "The Beautiful Bulldog"
Pic of Brett and Tracy

JNorton
Explorer
Explorer
You need to do some exploring with an amp meter. I think you'll find other items also on the battery like the CO2 and fire monitors. I'd put a simple battery disconnect switch in the negative lead. I bought one at NAPA for $9.00 or use a battery disconnect solenoid if you want to get fancy.

http://www.harborfreight.com/battery-disconnect-switch-97853.html
2008 Fleetwood Tioga Ranger 31W E450 V10