cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

2015 Chev Colorado/GMC Canyon

str8shooter_mn
Explorer
Explorer
I will be retiring soon and am thinking about purchasing a 2015 Colorado or Canyon. 2WD or 4WD. Anyone here know the tow ability of either of these? Prefer not to have to add a pump.
9 REPLIES 9

moisheh
Explorer
Explorer
Great news. The reviews of the new truck have been very positive. I might wait for the diesel.

Moisheh

DSDP_Don
Explorer
Explorer
If anyone looks for the "N" on the transfer switch dial, look very closely. As was stated, it's a clear "N", not painted like the "2H" and "4H". It will only illuminate when you hold the dial to the right for a few seconds. After I bought my Silverado, I panicked because I couldn't see the "N", even though I checked the owner's manual before purchase. I finally looked really close and saw it.
Don & Mary
2019 Newmar Dutch Star 4018 - All Electric
2019 Ford Raptor Crew Cab

J-Rooster
Explorer
Explorer
DSDP Don wrote:
Yes....The 2015 4x4 is flat towable. I think Roadmaster finished up tow bar brackets last week.
X-2, And the Colorado is Chey's truck of the year!

whporwil
Explorer
Explorer
I got a new Canyon last Friday. Only the 4x4 can be flat towed and according to my book all you have to do is disconnect the negative battery connection. My manual did have a supplement loose page for flat towing. If you look at them closely the 4x4 option is quite expensive. On the straight Canyon it's 9 grand, on mine an SLT it's about 6 grand more. And for $38,000.00 you can't get a CD player. Blue Ox does have the base kit now, Roadmaster didn't list it on there web site yesterday.

You have to look closely to see the N on the transfer switch. It's very hard to see located behind the steering wheel. All in all I really like everything about this truck.

kjburns
Explorer
Explorer
I did a little searching of dealer inventories and found a close shot of the transfer case dial. It looks like it has 2WD, Auto, 4 high, 4 low and N as the last setting. All but the "N" are printed in white. The "N" appears that it might light up when selected, so it's a bit hard to see otherwise. Based on this, I think they are towable.
2019 Dynamax Isata3 24FW

moisheh
Explorer
Explorer
This subject came up in the toad forum and the conclusion was that the manual says it can be towed if it has a neutral position on the switch for the transfer case. BUT it was reported that the units in the showroom did not have the neutral position. That would be a real shame!

Moisheh

DSDP_Don
Explorer
Explorer
Yes....The 2015 4x4 is flat towable. I think Roadmaster finished up tow bar brackets last week.
Don & Mary
2019 Newmar Dutch Star 4018 - All Electric
2019 Ford Raptor Crew Cab

rv2go
Explorer
Explorer
I have not seen a 2015 towing guide. Best go by a dealership and look at the owners manual.

This is Clipped from a 2014 Towing guided and it appears that they are towable.

"2015 General Motors Vehicles
This is the first year we can recall that weโ€™re reporting on next yearโ€™s vehicles even as the current year has been introduced, but GM has already released details on many of its 2015 models. Obviously we donโ€™t have all the info at this point, but GM is claiming that its 2015 Chevy Colorado/GMC Canyon mid- size pick-ups and full-size Tahoe/Suburban and GMC Yukon/Yukon XL 4WD models are towable."
Winnebago Journey
TN Lic. RV 2 GO
Jeep Cherokee 4x4
I'm here #4335
Blog

HD8100A
Explorer
Explorer
Haven't fully looked at the specifications of the 2015 but we have the 2010 4WD and it can be flat towed with no changes required. The 4WD comes standard with a electronic drive shaft disconnect. In 2010 only the 4WD was flat towable I assume this would be the same case for 2015. Takes about 20 seconds to disconnect the drive shaft just hold down the 2W and 4W high buttons for 10 seconds. In 2010 there is no steering wheel lock, so no fuse to remove. Very simple to set-up to tow.