cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2016 Class A Ford with 6 Speed Trans

Snowman9000
Explorer
Explorer
I spoke to an owner of a 2016 Class A Winnebago V-10 with 6 speed. He says it is not noisy, and nowhere near the downshifting commotion of the 5 speed models. It sounds like a great improvement.

He related one disturbing experience. They had to do a sudden hard stop from highway speed due to an accident ahead. The engine died at the end of the stop. It's probably an isolated thing but I can't come up with an explanation.
Currently RV-less but not done yet.
3 REPLIES 3

Greydennyhawk
Explorer
Explorer
I also really like our new 6 speed, although we haven't used it that much to get a real mileage report yet. We have about 4000 miles on the new Tif, and I love the up shift at Highway speeds, being very smooth and noiseless. It's still a bit noisy accelerating but a big improvement over our Class C Greyhawk!
Denny, Rosie and Josie the Beagle
2016 Allegro 36 LA
2016 Mazda 3

GPWayne
Explorer
Explorer
Glad to hear he got stopped in time and was not hit from behind.

The engine may have died because the fuel moved to the front of the tank away from the fuel pump inlet.(The fuel pump will suck air into the line and the engine will die) A super hard stop will do that, as well as moving anything not tied down inside.

Good to hear Ford is working to improve the V-10 installation.

Goldencrazy
Explorer
Explorer
Haven't had to do that kind of stop so no info there. I do always use tow/haul in city driving. I love it.