cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2016 FLEETWOOD DISCOVERY 40E

janstey58
Explorer
Explorer
Hi All, I am looking at a 2016 FLEETWOOD DISCOVERY 40E to upgrade from our Bounder gasser to a DP. They are asking $219K at Camping World, so wondering how that price looks, and should I expect any additional discount? Also, looking for experience with this unit, good or bad. I am sold on Fleetwood's quality, since my Bounder has a great track record. Thx!
Jeff and Kim
2015 Fleetwood Discovery 40E
Freightliner Chassis 380HP DP
2012 Ford Escape Limited Toad
9 REPLIES 9

RobbieH
Explorer
Explorer
lj2654 wrote:
I dont think thats a bad price, but why buy brand new......you can get so much more coach for the same $$$ a couple years old..

Exactly. 🙂
2005 Safari Gazelle 40PBT
2018 Rockwood Ultra Lite 2304DS pulled by 2018 Ram 2500 Cummins

Fiesta
Explorer
Explorer
I got a brand new 2015 40E in March 2015 for $195k. LA Mesa RV in Mesa AZ. The 2016 is a yr old model and should be under 200k.

crasster
Explorer II
Explorer II
bullydogs1 wrote:
I don't know Newmar pricing but I'd look at the Ventana before the Fleetwood if they are the same price....but I honestly don't know if I am close.

Newmar is often considerably more. Love Newmar though!!! Used Newmar definitely in that price range.
4 whopping cylinders on Toyota RV's. Talk about great getting good MPG. Also I have a very light foot on the pedal. I followed some MPG advice on Livingpress.com and I now get 22 MPG! Not bad for a home on wheels.

bullydogs1
Explorer
Explorer
I don't know Newmar pricing but I'd look at the Ventana before the Fleetwood if they are the same price....but I honestly don't know if I am close.
Stuart and Stella Denning
2016 Entegra Aspire 42RBQ
The 3 Bulldogs (Daisy, Sylvie and Stashie)
2018 Equinox Diesel (TOAD)

lj2654
Explorer
Explorer
Lazy Days in Tampa has a few of what you are looking at new and the prices arent too bad either.
2001 Beaver Contessa Naples 40
2012 Cadillac Srx
retired AirForce 1979-1992

moisheh
Explorer
Explorer
Anything you buy at CW is probably an auction vehicle. Try elsewhere. The service is usually horrible. Salesman are fast talkers.

Moisheh

RWjSIM2003
Explorer
Explorer
I think the price is not bad but I have seen some 2017 discovery's at close to the same price. I would expect to get a little below the 200k mark since it was a year old model. There are a lot of them out there for sale

janstey58
Explorer
Explorer
I actually looked at a 2011 Winnebago Eclipse and drove it, which was nice. I couldn't get over the fact that the interior was a bit rough. It was within $25K of this unit, and with the differential on new/used interest rates, new is nearly the same payment. Used units in my area with this floor plan are hard to find.
Jeff and Kim
2015 Fleetwood Discovery 40E
Freightliner Chassis 380HP DP
2012 Ford Escape Limited Toad

lj2654
Explorer
Explorer
I dont think thats a bad price, but why buy brand new......you can get so much more coach for the same $$$ a couple years old..
2001 Beaver Contessa Naples 40
2012 Cadillac Srx
retired AirForce 1979-1992