cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

2021 Chassis Class A Motorhomes

garyemunson
Explorer
Explorer
Does anyone here have a new gas motorhome on the new 2020/2021 F53 chassis with the new V8 and heavier duty suspension? If so, how about a review for us?
21 REPLIES 21

dodge_guy
Explorer II
Explorer II
It will be nice to see if they will integrate all the electronics they said they would. Auto high beams, lane departure warning, blind spot monitoring, and so on.

Yes a mileage Improvement would be nice, but ride quality would be a huge welcome. I would love to see an air ride option and maybe a new front suspension, like a HD independent setup with airbags as an option!
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

Big_Katuna
Explorer II
Explorer II
I think the mpg on efi rvs is pretty good considering. I drove big block carbureted 80โ€™s trucks and vans that never broke 10 mpg. EMPTY.
My Kharma ran over my Dogma.

DrewE
Explorer II
Explorer II
A1ARealtorRick wrote:
It will also be nice to see if there's any change in fuel economy --- it's about time something was done to improve the abysmal mileage Class A's get, and certainly the technology is there to do so.

Don't expect miracles; when you're driving a relatively heavy vehicle with all the aerodynamic efficiency of a barn, fuel economy will be poor. (For that matter, when you're driving a light vehicle with the same barn-like aerodynamics, fuel economy will only be marginally better most of the time.) The technology that would help the most would be to change the shape of the front and especially the back end of the motorhome to reduce drag, but that would result in a noticeable decrease in living space.

RetiredRealtorR
Explorer
Explorer
Haven't seen any yet, but look forward to the change. The steering wheel on every V10 chassis Class A looks exactly like the wheel of the F150 I bought in 1997! So, that alone will be refreshing. It will also be nice to see if there's any change in fuel economy --- it's about time something was done to improve the abysmal mileage Class A's get, and certainly the technology is there to do so.
. . . never confuse education with intelligence, nor motion with progress

dodge_guy
Explorer II
Explorer II
I really wish they would do something with the suspension. It's been around in the same basic form for....what? 40 years or so?
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

garyemunson
Explorer
Explorer
The V8 chassis come with much heavier sway bars and what look to be Ford's version of Sumo Springs for travel bumpers.

G-Dad
Explorer
Explorer
garyemunson wrote:
Does anyone here have a new gas motorhome on the new 2020/2021 F53 chassis with the new V8 and heavier duty suspension? If so, how about a review for us?

The GVWR numbers are the same as for the V10 chassis, so am not sure sure there is anything heavier duty about the suspension on the new V8 chassis. https://www.ford.com/commercial-trucks/stripped-chassis/models/f53-motorhome/