cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

4 WINDS COACH BATTERY CHARGE

carz57r
Explorer
Explorer
ON a 07 Four Winds Class C the coach battery will take a charge on shore power,but wont charge going down the road.Help please
6 REPLIES 6

jyrostng
Explorer
Explorer
LOL, glad you noticed, I live in the country and found that on the driveway by the rv, I thought it would be a better prop than MY wrinkled finger. I COULD have used my lawn dart, or my .380.

I just hope it applies to the OP. Neither of the last 2 RV'S I owned charged the batteries from the alternator but they were designed to. I installed battery isolators on both. I wanted the house batteries charged so we could watch tv off the inverter and not run the generator when we parked to eat lunch or whatever.
2000 F53 Southwind 32v

VA-Apraisr
Explorer II
Explorer II
Holy cr###, is that a bottle rocket in the photo! Yicks.....I'm sure it's not an active firework ๐Ÿ™‚

jyrostng
Explorer
Explorer
I don't have a 07, mines a 2000. Inside the rv electrical box there are solenoids, One is activated by the aux start button on the dash. This connects the batteries together and is also energized when the key is on so the alternator voltage gets to the chassis battery, that solenoid also has a fuse for the coil. Press the aux start button with the engine off and see if the solenoid clicks, if it does, the fuse is good. With the engine running, check across the solenoids big terminals, If you read voltage and the solenoid is energized, the contacts may be bad.

This is mine, I'm pointing to the relay. the fuse for it is to the left center. It might be nothing ...
2000 F53 Southwind 32v

AJR
Explorer
Explorer
From what I saw on my 2011 /Thor Four Winds Chateau electrical diagram from the Thor. The motor does not charge the house batteries.
2007 Roadtrek 210 Popular
2015 GMC Terrain AWD

cgmartine
Explorer
Explorer
Is your battery disconnect switch in the "on" position when driving? If you have it off, they will not charge.

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Is it a Ford Chassis or?

Have you check the fuse (under the hood in my E-450).

Is the isolation solenoid working correctly? (Mine had burned contacts).
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.