cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

additional sleeper in Roadtrek210P

B_rvwantabe
Explorer
Explorer
Our 2010 RT210P has twin beds in the rear. I would like to take our 6ft, 230lb grandson on trips. No way can he fit in third seat deal. Any ideas for some sort of addition to accommodate him? Not a separate tent unless it was attached someway. Thanks
11 REPLIES 11

Francesca_Knowl
Explorer
Explorer
ryegatevt wrote:
I'd look at one of the small "teardrop" trailers. It's basically just a bed and would be easy to tow with no set-up at the site. The only downside I could see is the requirement at some CGs that they charge for each stand alone "camping unit".

Get one of these and tell 'em it's your "toad"- problem solved! ๐Ÿ˜‰

" Not every mind that wanders is lost. " With apologies to J.R.R. Tolkien

CShells
Explorer
Explorer
Jim Shoe wrote:
You might want to avoid this one. If he walks in his sleep. But the price is right. ๐Ÿ™‚

That's just an article about the item, unfortunately.

mlts22
Explorer
Explorer
Of all of these, the awning tents are time-consuming to set up. For going from being on the road to in bed, the teardrop trailer is the quickest. It also provides for additional storage.

The SUV tent is also a practical solution. I've seen those in action, and they seem fairly easy to set up and get working. Some are pretty much standalone tents except with a smaller version of a loading dock for the SUV to back into. The good thing about that is that detaching the tent is a lot easier than the awning add-a-rooms.

Jim_Shoe
Explorer
Explorer
You might want to avoid this one. If he walks in his sleep. But the price is right. ๐Ÿ™‚
Retired and visiting as much of this beautiful country as I can.

CShells
Explorer
Explorer
There are lots of SUV/Tailgater type tents with a cowl that attaches to the vehicle. You could probably take one to a sail maker to have the cowl modified.
Here are some examples.

ryegatevt
Explorer II
Explorer II
I'd look at one of the small "teardrop" trailers. It's basically just a bed and would be easy to tow with no set-up at the site. The only downside I could see is the requirement at some CGs that they charge for each stand alone "camping unit". I'd argue that the "B" and trailer would easily fit on one campsite and would require just one hook-up pedestal. Anybody ever try this?
Steve & Bev
2005 Roadtrek 210
Tess, our Sheltie

retraite
Explorer
Explorer
We happen to own one of the Fiamma add on rooms that My Roadtrek has suggested. We use it with our PW Lexor. My comments on it are:

1. It is well designed and well made - in my opinion.
2. It did not include a "barrier" between the bottom of the PW and the ground. Maybe the current ones do, ours didn't, so I had to solve that problem on my own. The other three sides are just fine.
3. It does take two folks to set it up or take it down - and it takes a little while. We'd never use it for an overnight. Rather, it really is designed for go somewhere and stay a while.
4. You do have to think about how you're going to transport it. In addition to the walls, there are the poles - not the vertical ones that are "built in" to a Fiamma awning, but horizontal poles. If you look very carefully at Fiamma's website, you can see what I mean. We pull a small utility trailer almost everywhere we go (the motorcycle and canoe also needs to go, you see) so transporting the "room" is a non-issue for us.
5. They are a bit spendy. But, some say the same thing about a "B".
6. One of the things we like best is the ability to go from screening to more "solid" walls when the weather dictates.
7. While ours is a "keeper", it only goes with us on trips where it's useful.

Call Fiamma. They have always been VERY helpful when I've called.

Cheers.

Tripalot
Explorer
Explorer
I would consider an add-a-room. Where are 3 full size people going to move around/dress etc. in a Roadtrek basically meant for 2. The attachment would give you additional comfort space for eating and relaxing, especially in bad weather.
2014 Triple E Regency GT24MB (Murphy Bed) with all the good stuff
towing a 2016 Jeep Cherokee TrailHawk
Berkley, the amazing camping cat missed dearly (1996-2012)

bob_nestor
Explorer III
Explorer III
When I was looking for a tent that would attach to my Roadtrek 210P I found one at Bus Depot. They are mainly designed for VW buses but when I exchanged e-mail with them they didn't see any reason it wouldn't work with the Roadtrek. You'd need to get the mounting kit that includes suction cups.

Bus Depot Add-a-Room

My_Roadtrek
Explorer
Explorer
Fiamma makes a Florida screen room that attaches to the awning.
Fiamma
Download the catalog.

Francesca_Knowl
Explorer
Explorer
If the 3rd seat deal is too small for him, is it possible that y'all could reshuffle so a smaller member of the party sleeps there?

The only other "attached" method I can think of would be a tow-behind popup, but I doubt that's what you're looking for...
" Not every mind that wanders is lost. " With apologies to J.R.R. Tolkien