cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Air Condition Unit

10forty2
Explorer
Explorer
15K rooftop Unit. Went on a overnight concert trip this weekend and camped in a grass parking lot. It was exceptionally hot/humid for this time of year and we were running both A/C units as hard as they could go....set at 64 to get the coach to cool down. The one in front is the 15K unit...the bedroom is a 13.5K unit. Bedroom unit was cooling fine with plenty of air coming through the ceiling ducts. BUT....the front unit was barely moving air through SOME of the ceiling ducts with fan set on high. What air was moving was fairly cool feeling, but not what it has been in the past, and again, very little air movement even though we could hear the fan running and it was set on high. Is something maybe blocking the ducts or did it freeze up from all the humidity? I've never tried to pull the cover on the unit and see what's in there. I'll go back out today and see it it seems to be any better after being off for a couple of days.
1999 Holiday Rambler Endeavor, 36' Gasser
Triton V10, Ford F53 Chassis
-----------------------------------------
31 REPLIES 31

Effy
Explorer
Explorer
Is it low on Freon? Why did you set to 64? Did you really want the temp to reach 64? Because turning it down further than the desired temp does not make it work any harder or faster. A thermostat is not an accelerator. If you want 72, setting it to 64 won't make it cool to 72 any faster than actually setting it to 72. It does not run cooler the lower you set it. If it froze up then it's low on Freon (or whatever they put in them these days). Were you plugged in shore power and getting the right power to it? Is the unit clean? If it can't breathe right it can't cool efficiently.
2013 ACE 29.2

rgatijnet1
Explorer III
Explorer III
It sounds like it just iced up, which could be from a low Freon level or from exceptionally high humidity. Of course your rear AC operated fine in the same humidity so I am guessing that there is probably a problem with your front unit that caused it to ice up. You may want to pull the top cover and clean everything and remove the ceiling cover and make sure that all of the duct connections are sealed.