cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Anyone with a Winnebago view "M" floor plan?

steveandjil
Explorer
Explorer
Dear all,

This is the floor plan with no fixed bed except cab over. The couch converts. The advantage is with no bedroom, it is very nice and open. The disadvantage is no real bed. Anyone have one? All comment welcome.

Steve
Steve Schwartz

2015 Winnebago View
12 REPLIES 12

Butch50
Explorer
Explorer
pnichols wrote:
Hmmm ... a mattress air pump that periodically comes on during the night doesn't sound too good for camping without hookups!

Yet another item to drain battery power.

You can turn the pump off if so desired so it won't draw your batteries down and as I stated before we won't use it anyway as we have beds in the back of the unit. I'm like getting away from it all so don't use campgrounds most of the time but most people will be in campground with full hookups so it is not going to drain their batteries at all.
Butch

I try to always leave doubt to my ignorance rather than prove it

2021 Winnebago View

pnichols
Explorer II
Explorer II
Hmmm ... a mattress air pump that periodically comes on during the night doesn't sound too good for camping without hookups!

Yet another item to drain battery power.
2005 E450 Itasca 24V Class C

Butch50
Explorer
Explorer
Butch50 wrote:
Our 2015 View Profile has an air mattress but they tell me that it now uses the same setup as a sleep number bed and you pump it up and it has a quiet compressor. If air is lost during the night the compressor comes on to keep the mattress inflated.

I haven't tried it so this is just what they told me so take this with a grain of salt but it is an inflatable mattress.

I went back to my manuals again and reread it on the bed and it does pump up the mattress during the night if it should loss any air. They say it is a silent pump so it doesn't disturb your sleep just like a sleep number bed.
Butch

2021 Winnebago View

Butch50
Explorer
Explorer
Mine was built in late July of this year and is a 2015 so it has only been a couple of months since its birth date. The unit was on the dealers lot for less than a week when I bought it.

So I guess they could have changed it in a couple of months, doesn't make any difference to us as we have the V model with the twin bed or were you can add the center cushions and have a huge bed in the back. If the center cushions are put in place the bed becomes a 87" by 76" bed.
Butch

2021 Winnebago View

steveandjil
Explorer
Explorer
I think they changed it mid model year to the foam. They seem to do this. The window over the kitchen sink was changed mid-year to a much larger one.
Steve Schwartz

2015 Winnebago View

Butch50
Explorer
Explorer
Our 2015 View Profile has an air mattress but they tell me that it now uses the same setup as a sleep number bed and you pump it up and it has a quiet compressor. If air is lost during the night the compressor comes on to keep the mattress inflated.

I haven't tried it so this is just what they told me so take this with a grain of salt but it is an inflatable mattress.
Butch

2021 Winnebago View

steveandjil
Explorer
Explorer
Tony and Karen,

Thanks a lot - it's good to know it is do-able. By the way, your website is amazing.

Steve
Steve Schwartz

2015 Winnebago View

steveandjil
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks! Actually Winnebago realized they had a problem, and eliminated the air mattress in favor of a foam one. I appreciate the pointer to the Yahoo group. I know my wife have been looking a lot there.

Steve
Steve Schwartz

2015 Winnebago View

Snowman9000
Explorer
Explorer
We looked at one and thought it was a great floor plan. However then I read up on it at the Yahoo View/Navion discussion group, and a lot of people complained about the air mattress used in the folding bed. It would lose a lot of air during the course of a night. So I recall, anyway. If you don't get any owners to show up here, take a look at the Yahoo group.

Yahoo group
Currently RV-less but not done yet.

tonyandkaren
Explorer
Explorer
We don't have a View but we do have a small C without a bedroom. We use the fold out couch with a mattress topper. The topper, complete with a sheet, is rolled up and stored in the cab over during the day. At night it's pretty simple to pull the couch out, roll out the topper and top it with a flat sheet and comforter. It's very comfortable. We love the roominess. It has also allowed to have a smaller motorhome, making everything from driving, parking and accessing campsites easier.
Our Fulltiming Blog

Clickable Attractions Maps

4x4 Custom Class C on F450 chassis

steveandjil
Explorer
Explorer
I guess my main questions - do you find the sleeping arrangement comfortable? Do you use something like a mattress topper?

Thanks,

Steve
Steve Schwartz

2015 Winnebago View

Dusty_R
Explorer
Explorer
We have an Itasca 24V, 2003, with no bed on the main floor. The couch and dinette will make into a bed.