cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Arkansas mountains

golfoh1
Explorer
Explorer
Any ideas for places where can fish andn sight see birds?
Looking to go in Sept.
7 REPLIES 7

golfoh1
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for all the info.

down_home
Explorer II
Explorer II
Cotter, Arkansas. Not high up but right on the White River. River looks like it is inches deep and clear as gin but it is several feet deep.
I don't remember the name of the campground. It is brief ways off the main hwy. There is a store next to the campground. We hired a guide from there that was a quail farmer. See if they have the Brown trout on the wall. 9 lb 14 oz. Beautiful trout. Wish I had let it go.
River is too swift for fly fishing from the stream, from what we could tell.

tatest
Explorer II
Explorer II
What kind of fishing? Arkansas has trout streams, bass and catfish in reservoirs, some really big cats and other big predators in stretches of the Arkansas River. For some of the fishing you might need a boat, and a guide often helps.

www.arkansas.com/outdoors/fishing

I fish a little further up in the Arkansas sytem, the river and its tributaries through NE Oklahoma, because that's where my license is valid. But in the state of Arkansas, I'd be in the same waters, the flood control reservoirs for the Arkansas system.

White River is something special, something different, because it is fast water and stocked with trout. They also stock trout in the tailwaters of some of the dams, but fishing varies quite a bit depending on season and outflow.

September, you'll start seeing a lot of migratory waterfowl coming through, and some populations of geese, ducks, and wading birds winter in the area, also finding the fishing good. There will be a permanent waterfowl population as well, guys who forgot about going north for breeding. Bald eagles live around, fish in, some of the larger reservoirs.

www.arkansas.com/outdoors/birding/birds

You have to decide which birds you want to see, what's in the forests of the northwest is not the same as what you'll find on the Mississippi Flyway.
Tom Test
Itasca Spirit 29B

Mfar1234
Explorer
Explorer
Too Many too list -- AR is the best kept secret in these states....

Bull Sholes in North AR is excellent -- on the Missouri

White River - NW AR

Lake Dardenelle - hr outside of Little Rock
:C
Mfar1234
40' 2002 Alpine Coach, 400 ISL Cummings/3000 6sd Allison
2006 Dodge Ram 4x4
Brodie - Lab Mix and Baylee - Border Collie

FB_Grateful_Dad
Explorer
Explorer
Our favorite for fishing is Dam Quarry Campground on the North Fork at Norfolk Dam. Corps campground that is cheap, and great trout fishing
2012 HR Vacationer
Ms. Froggy - 07 Honda CRV
Fred and Deb

iceyfingers
Explorer
Explorer
Beaver Lake just east of Rogers Ar Many campgrounds

sdianel_-acct_c
Explorer
Explorer
Lake Catherine State Park in Hot Springs or Catherine's Landing RV Resort in Hot Springs. http://www.arkansas.com/outdoors/birding/birds/
DeGray Lake State Park. http://www.arkansasstateparks.com/events/birding-safari-88311/#.UehsUo3VBXk
Lonny & Diane
2004 Country Coach Allure 33' "Big Blue"
Towing 2008 Chev Colorado 4x4
Semper Fi