Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Availability of replacement keys for Winnebago Chalet

Travelbug1
Explorer
Explorer
Hello from the UK!

I am new to owning an RV but have owned European Motorhomes for a number of years and before that European caravans.
I am in the process of wanting to buy a C class RV, max size 8 meters or 27feet due to storage and access to places on UK and European roads.
I have seen a 2005 Winnebago Chalet 24V for sale here in the UK with all manuals and service and import info BUT there are no keys for the lockers as they have been lost.
My question is how easy is it to get replacement keys - I assume I will need the barrel number or some details from the RV, is it easy or very difficult as my choice to purchase is based on getting more keys and probably getting an LPG conversion done as well as Petrol ( Gas) here in the UK is currently equivelent to $5.70 per gallon !!
I am open to other C class RV's so any information you can give me will be useful as obviously we don't have as many used RV's here as you do.
Thanks in advance.

Mrs Travelbug1
3 REPLIES 3

Travelbug1
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks very much for the replys, most helpful.

Are there anyother C class RV's that I should consider? No slides please.
We would like a rear bed, a dinette and an overcab bed as well.

Thanks.

Bobbo
Explorer II
Explorer II
Contact Winnebago at http://www.winnebagoind.com/. They are very responsive.

They don't sell direct to customers, though, so after they identify what you need, contact http://www.lichtsinn.com/rv-parts.aspx. They are an RV dealer located 1 mile (1.6km) from the Winnebago factory. They kind of specialize in mail ordering Winnebago stuff to customers. I hope they do international. I have never had to ask.

Bobbo
Bobbo and Lin
2017 F-150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab w/Max Tow Package 3.5l EcoBoost V6
2017 Airstream Flying Cloud 23FB

ronfisherman
Welcome to RV.NET.
Depending on which brand locks are on the model you are looking at. Almost all manufactures use the same key. Should be easy to find here in USA.
Edit: Looking at pictures of that model MH. They probably have CH751 Lock/keys.
2004 Gulf Stream Endura 6340 D/A SOLD
2012 Chevy Captiva Toad SOLD