skipngail
Explorer
Explorer
Any places to camp in fairview tn or dickson tn or nashville tn. Thanks
17 REPLIES 17

kokosfriend
Explorer
Explorer
Montgomery Bell state park - can reserve and have full hookup sites.
Also there is a park in Dickson and stayed there and it was OK. Several full time rigs. Haven't been there since 2002.

Barb and the 4 chocolates
Barb and the 4 chocolates

havasu
Explorer
Explorer
We just left Yogi Bear a few days ago. We were lucky enough to get their half price deal for August - at $30 a night it was good value - for $60 it's expensive unless you have kids/grandkids in tow in which case it's ok pricewise as they have quite a bit for kids to do including a lifeguard attended pool.

They were pretty empty so worth calling and saying that you want to see if they will still honor their Facebook Half Price Special.

Dance_Chick
Explorer
Explorer
We stayed at Two Rivers last Labor Day weekend. We liked it fine. Depending on what you like, it's a typical commercial CG.
Gene, Gayle, & Oliver (the dog)
2006 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 40 PDQ/2012 Honda CRV toad
Blue Ox tow bar & base plate/Air Force One braking

rvten
Explorer
Explorer
The KOA and Yogi are way out of line on there pricing.
Check out the Lebanon, Goodletsville and Franklin area for RV parks.
Tom & Bonnie
Crossville, TN.
Aspect 29H 2008 Type C
Ford Flex SEL 2010
There is NO B+

JC2
Explorer
Explorer
skipngail wrote:
Th u all

You most definately should eat here when in Nashville.
http://cockofthewalkrestaurant.com/nashville/
2010 Newmar Dutch Aire 4304,Cummins ISL 425hp,Spartan MM Chassis,2013 Chev Equinox AWD Towed,Ready Brute Elite TowBar/Brake,FMCA #402879,SKP#120487

JTHarley
Explorer
Explorer
There are basically 3 campgrounds on Music Valley Drive....

Yogi Bear
Two Rivers
KOA

Unlike some who have posted, I've stayed at the KOA several times as an overnight. I would not stay on anything other than the super sites which are level, paved and have a brick patio. The rest of the campground is not very good. Another bit of warning......if it rains, ALL of the campgrounds have poor drainage and puddling. Yogi Bear is a gravel pad with grass....gets soaked when it rains and muddy. Two Rivers are gravel roads with gravel sites and concrete small patios. Again, this is probably the best of the 3 with regard to rain......no pull thru's though so you have to unhook. KOA is pricey......for the super sites but at least the site itself is dry when it rains.
Jim , MJ & Spirit of Sambuca Bear
2015 Dynamax DQ320XL
Jeep Sahara Toad

Devonm2012
Explorer
Explorer
Bob & Ann wrote:
This August we camped at the KOA in Nashville. It was a terrible experience. Management knows it and really does not care. We posted all of the details in RV Park Reviews. If we were to do it again we would stay at Yogies which is down the street.

X2. I even contacted the parent company, listed out a laundry list of issues/problems and said we were owed at least a discount off of the $70+ nightly rate. They completely blew me off, sending my email to the manager onsite who admits he has no power and can do nothing. Based on our experience there, we will never stay at a KOA again. Ever. I too put full details on rvparkreview website.

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
We stayed at Cages Bend on Old Hickory Lake. Large sites and only $10/night. Water and 50amp elec. No sewer but dump station on site....Dennis
We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG

John_Joey
Explorer
Explorer
Upstate wrote:
Seven points core park 22.00 a night 15 mins to Opry

X2 W/E, dump station, no TV but air, large sites, secure.

If you're golden age half price even. Is a little off the main drag through.
Thereโ€™s no fool, like an old fool.

Bob___Ann
Explorer
Explorer
This August we camped at the KOA in Nashville. It was a terrible experience. Management knows it and really does not care. We posted all of the details in RV Park Reviews. If we were to do it again we would stay at Yogies which is down the street.
Bob and Ann
Schnauzer - Della (Rainbow B 3/31/17)
Chihuahua - Lola (Rainbow B 12/26/18)
Autumn-Red Poodle
2019 Tiffin 40 IP Bus
Powerglide Chassis
Cummins 450
Onan 10,000 Watt
Four Slide/ 1.5 Bath
2021 Jeep Unlimited Sahara Toad
Demco Dominator & Airforce One

rvten
Explorer
Explorer
Where you coming from? What route.?
Plenty of CG's on I-65 North and I-40 East.
Tom & Bonnie
Crossville, TN.
Aspect 29H 2008 Type C
Ford Flex SEL 2010
There is NO B+

Devonm2012
Explorer
Explorer
Do NOT stay at KOA. We were just there in May and used to live in Nashville. It was horrible and extremely expensive. Two Rivers is small but decent. If you need 50 amp, had better call ahead. They only have a few of them. Yogi Bear next door also has a nice large rig section toward the bottom that is quite.

Upstate
Explorer
Explorer
Seven points core park 22.00 a night 15 mins to Opry

skipngail
Explorer
Explorer
Th u all