cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Capitol Commercial HT tires????

rutro
Explorer
Explorer
We had a blow out on the curb side rear a few years back. The town we were in only had one place that could help us out at the time. The tires we bought to replace the blown tire and its mate were Capitol Comercial HT. They seemed to be good tires till this week. While doing my yearly once over I noticed that they are both having tread seperation problems. Has anyone ever delt with these before? The tread is still like 90% and I would like to find a dealer I guess and see about replacements or pro-rated replacements or something ........????
1996 34' Pace Arrow , 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee ,2013 Chrysler 300, 18' Bass Boat w/150 Merc, 21' Kenner Flats boat w/200hp Merc. Ol'Stanley & Miss Dee
3 REPLIES 3

FEDowner
Explorer
Explorer
I have Capitals on my truck and the tread is seperating. But the tires are 10+ years old.
'06 Damon Challenger, Nostalgia Dragster & 28ft trailer,
Calpurnia (born 12-20-06)daughter of Traiano & Jasmine,
At the Rainbow Bridge Sonia 8-30-06 our 1st Neopolitan Mastiff

rutro
Explorer
Explorer
Hey thanks for the reply Darsben. I haven't found the date of manufacture on the tires yet. We can't remember exactly how long it's been. I guess I better get my cheaters on and look 'em over a little better. I've been up to my eyeballs in gators trying to get things done arround the place. I did find that NEXEN reference but have not sat down at the 'puter long enough got get much further. With the rain setting in this is probably as good a day as any to get some research done.
1996 34' Pace Arrow , 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee ,2013 Chrysler 300, 18' Bass Boat w/150 Merc, 21' Kenner Flats boat w/200hp Merc. Ol'Stanley & Miss Dee

darsben
Explorer II
Explorer II
A few years back means how long?

What is date of manufacture on the tire?

They are made by NEXEN.
Capitol has an online presence.
Traveling with my best friend my wife!