cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Comfort Control Center

brick
Explorer
Explorer
Today I tried to run furnace on my class A coach and the furnace would not show on the the comfort control center. Tried to run through all control, air, fan, heat strip, all showed but no furnace. I checked furnace at fuse box and had power. Never had problem before. Any suggestions on what to look for? Maybe the control center has a problem but that is just an electronic control board that is something that I can not fix. Thanks for any suggestions or past experience. Brick
1997 Kountry Aire,Ford
Banks
Saturn L series
8 REPLIES 8

creeper
Explorer
Explorer
Comfort control has known issues. Either the thermostat is bad or the boards on the a/c heat pumps are bad. Just had my Thermo replaced as it would lock up every day. Had to go turn off battery switches for a couple of seconds to reset.

brick
Explorer
Explorer
On the 2 air Newmar where is the dip switch? I have two boxes inside front air but I do not see anything that looks like the picture shown. Thanks brick
1997 Kountry Aire,Ford
Banks
Saturn L series

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
brick wrote:
I HAVE THE FOUR BUTTON MODEL 3106463.007. I did have work done on the rear air but that does not work either, said I needed new air which I did not buy. I do have the two zones but I have furnace on zone one which does not show up on display now. Brick

There are 2 blue wires at the Front AC control board. ONE of those 2 wires should have 12 volts. If not, then the wire between the furnace and control board needs to be checked. Odds are it is the fuse at the furnace. Also verify that the front AC control board has the furnace DIP switch turned on. Do a reset. Doug

RESET
If the Comfort Control Center is not operational, inadequate
data or no functions occur, reset the Comfort
Control Center to factory setting. When a reset procedure
is done, all previous program memory is removed.
The factory setting of 72ยฐF for cooling mode
and 68ยฐF for heating modes are entered.
To initiate a RESET, do the following in the order
listed:
1) Turn control on to ensure annunciator data and light
are present. If data and light are present, continue to
next step. If data and light are not present, see Sec.
2) Depress MODE switch to activate annunciator light.
3) Simultaneously depress the bottom two buttons
(temperature UP and DOWN) and hold.
4) While holding these buttons down, depress the
MODE button once and release.
5) Release the two buttons previously held down.
6) Depress the MODE button once again.
7) At this time the light should extinguish, and the mode
should register "OFF". If not, repeat Steps 2 through
๐Ÿ˜Ž Retest system ensuring that all functions are present
and operational.

brick
Explorer
Explorer
I HAVE THE FOUR BUTTON MODEL 3106463.007. I did have work done on the rear air but that does not work either, said I needed new air which I did not buy. I do have the two zones but I have furnace on zone one which does not show up on display now. Brick
1997 Kountry Aire,Ford
Banks
Saturn L series

dcbrewer
Explorer
Explorer
Mine went bad, It would only turn the front AC unit on nothing else, than that stopped working. The dealer put a new comfort center in and all works now. Around 200.00. Found out mine wouldn't work on heat, in Gatlinburg, Tenn, when it got about 30 degree's the first night there.

MountainAir05
Explorer II
Explorer II
On page 19 if you have he manual it show how to reset it. This is for the CCC2 only.

Center in the off position

Simultaneously press the MODE and ZONE buttons. The LCD will displayed
"IniT" and all available zones.

Release the MODE and ZONE buttons. Press the on/off button to exit setup.

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
1997 Newmar. Do you have the 4 button(4 button was OEM on your model) or 5 button? The 5 button has the button that says ZONE. Have you had the front roof top AC changed in the past year? The furnace will ONLY show when the DIP switch on the front AC control board is turned ON. IF you have had a New AC or a new AC control board changed, then they did not push the Furnace DIP switch ON. Also, on your year model Newmar, there is 2 sets of ATC 12 volt fuses AT the furnace casing. You can see them either from the inside wood louver after removing or pulling the outside metal cover and they will be seen where the LP line connects. One fuse goes to the storage heater blower motor and the other is a 2nd fuse going to the furnace, not just the 1 at the main fuse panel. You DO know how to change Zones on a 4 button CCC, correct? The furnace will be on Zone 1. What Zone is showing? Doug

bsinmich
Explorer
Explorer
Do you have 2 ACs? If so you probably have a position 1 & 2 on the control panel. Only one of them will control the furnace and heat.
1999 Damon Challenger 310 Ford