cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Considering 06 Damon Tuscany

davesparks2001
Explorer
Explorer
Hi guys! We currently own a 1999 Damon Intruder 36' gas coach and have been happy with it for the one season we've had it. We've graduated up through the gambit, so the speak, and have been through a pop-up, a 30' travel trailer, a 40' 5th wheel toy-hauler and now the motorhome. We were planning to be content with our gasser until we get closer to retirement which is about 10 years out, at which point we were thinking about upgrading to a diesel pusher and trying to travel a lot more. We were approached with an opportunity to check out a nice diesel pusher and to my surprise we're kind of tempted to make an offer. It's a Tuscany model 4074 which is 40' with 4 slides. It has a 350hp Cat with 48k miles on it and over all is in very good condition. If any one knows anything about these coaches I'm looking for the good, the bad and the ugly.
3 REPLIES 3

davesparks2001
Explorer
Explorer
Any other Tuscany owners out there?

mmiille
Explorer
Explorer
We have a 3 slide 2009 with a cummins engine. It isn't the finest quality, but it is what my wife likes and we have had it for almost 4 years. The wood finish isn't real wood, but something a bit lighter in weight. There is maintenance on all of them so if the price is right I wouldn't hesitate. Ours had all of the records so we could see what was worked on.
Martin & Cheryl
40 Foot 2009 Damon Tuscany 4076
Cummins 360, Hyundai Santa Fe
Full timing since 2010.

davesparks2001
Explorer
Explorer
Doing a little checking earlier, I saw that many of these coaches had the Cat C7 and a number have been prone to expensive break-downs. Can anyone confirm or deny this situation with this model coach? Any other reasons to steer clear of this coach?