cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Day night shades

big_jim_2
Explorer
Explorer
Anybody besides me tired of restringing shades? I am looking for a different kind of shade that won't break. I don't care if they have the day feature as after 15 years we find we rarely use that feature. It seems that every year we are fixing one of the seven in our motorhome.
19 REPLIES 19

My last fiver had strings that were bad.. I was just going threw the steps of learning how to restring when I traded it in..

My current fiver has day/night rollers.. I will not have blinds in an RV again after having these!
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

jeeperdude10
Explorer
Explorer
On our previous coach, a Class C, when our day/nights broke strings-we called Budget Blinds and had them install blinds. What a difference, no more hassle and ease of use. Just a suggestion to 'beat' the frustration
2016 Bounder 35K
2014 Freedom Edition JEEP Unlimited
Traveling thru this great country

FIRE_UP
Explorer
Explorer
big jim 2 wrote:
Anybody besides me tired of restringing shades? I am looking for a different kind of shade that won't break. I don't care if they have the day feature as after 15 years we find we rarely use that feature. It seems that every year we are fixing one of the seven in our motorhome.

Big Jim 2,
Yep, I too am seriously tired of restringing. Our coach is 14 years old and, I've restrung some of those windows at least 3 times. I've been dabbling in looking at MCD roller shades, Blind Chalet's roller shades and even once in a while we'll look at what Home Depot and Lowes has to offer. The problem with MCD shades is THE COST. I'd have to sell my first born (she's close to 38 years old now) in order to ge a full set of replacement roller shades for our 14 year old coach.

Blind Chalets roller shades are an almost identical set of roller types like MCD and, are close to 1/2 the price. The problem is, Blind Chalet's are much harder to mount. Whereas, MCds are much easier to mount. So, you pay for that EASY install.

One of these days I'm gonna make a decision. One of those two will get the contract!
Scott
Scott and Karla
SDFD RETIRED
2004 Itasca Horizon, 36GD Slate Blue 330 CAT
2011 GMC Sierra 1500 Ext Cab 4x4 Toad
2008 Caliente Red LVL II GL 1800 Goldwing
KI60ND

tropical36
Explorer
Explorer
big jim 2 wrote:

Haven't had to do a lot of re-stringing and especially in this coach, but they are pretty tight and can be somewhat of a PITA for putting them up and down.
At home, we have went to something like these and must say they are a real blessing for more than one reason, so would first explore these in an RV application.... Blinds
"We are often so caught up in our destination that we forget to appreciate the journey."

07 Revolution LE 40E_Spartan MM_06 400HP C9 CAT_Allison 3000.

Dinghy_2010 Jeep Wrangler JKU ISLANDER.

1998 36ft. National Tropi-Cal Chevy Model 6350 (Sold)

the_bear_II
Explorer
Explorer
Maybe this will help if you don't already do it... We always travel with the shades pulled up tight. This helps keep the strings from getting sawed as you drive along.

We always travel this way and haven't had a string break in 15 years.