cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Dishwasher

bluwtr49
Explorer II
Explorer II
For those that have a dishwasher installed....how well do you like them and do you miss the storage space???
Dick

2002 43' DP Beaver Marquis Emerald Cat C-12 505 HP, 1600 Tq
2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland ---toad
11 REPLIES 11

bluwtr49
Explorer II
Explorer II
2gypsies wrote:
If your motorhome is only 43 INCHES, I don't think you have enough room. ๐Ÿ™‚

(See your post signature)

It sure is hot in Green Valley, isn't it? Whew! Played pickleball at 7am to 9:30 and now in for the day.

Thanks for the catch...will be changed. And yes GV can be hot this time of the year which is why we're in the NW until the end of Oct.
Dick

donkeydew
Explorer
Explorer
love it it sure beats me having to wash them and she even pits them away

Mr_Mark1
Explorer
Explorer
We ordered a dishwasher in our first coach and again in our second. We love it. We mainly use paper products for plates, etc., and wash glassware and flatware (and coffee pot) in the dishwasher.

Safe travels,
MM.
Mr.Mark
2021.5 Pleasure Way Plateau FL Class-B on the Sprinter Chassis
2018 Mini Cooper Hardtop Coupe, 2 dr., 6-speed manual
(SOLD) 2015 Prevost Liberty Coach, 45 ft, 500 hp Volvo
(SOLD) 2008 Monaco Dynasty, 42 ft, 425 hp Cummins

2gypsies1
Explorer
Explorer
If your motorhome is only 43 INCHES, I don't think you have enough room. ๐Ÿ™‚

(See your post signature)

It sure is hot in Green Valley, isn't it? Whew! Played pickleball at 7am to 9:30 and now in for the day.
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

DSDP_Don
Explorer
Explorer
"bluwtr49".....We had a lot of fun showing people the dishwasher in our new coach and even made fun of it ourselves. Not anymore! We love it. When done with a meal we'll wash really large pans and put hem away, but silverware, plates and bowls go in the dishwasher. We usually take about three days to fill it. Usually, after dinner, we run it. It's soooo quiet you don't know that it's running. Ours is Fisher Paykel drawer model. The cleaning cycle takes 105 minutes. Having a dishwasher is not for everyone, but we find it to be a nice addition and it really gets things clean.

I was asked to look at installing one in a new coach that was just like ours, that didn't come with one as an option.

Your biggest issue will be reworking the cabinet space. The connections are no different than a house. Our sink drain has a "T" for the dishwasher drain and they just tapped into the sink hot water. The sink drain "T" is a smaller version than a typical sink, but manufacturers like Newmar have them available in their parts department if you can't find one.

Lastly, a 110 volt power source under the sink would make things easy.
Don & Mary
2019 Newmar Dutch Star 4018 - All Electric
2019 Ford Raptor Crew Cab

bluwtr49
Explorer II
Explorer II
parkdep wrote:
We use the counter top unit and it works very well. Dishwashers

Thanks for the thought but that won't work since the objective is to reduce counter top clutter not replace one type for another.
Dick

parkdep
Explorer
Explorer
We use the counter top unit and it works very well. Dishwashers
:R

bluwtr49
Explorer II
Explorer II
Thanks, I appreciate the responses. For some reason the original purchaser didn't opt for the dishwasher option...got everything else but that.

Now I'm thinking about adding one. I guess the first step is to find a like coach and take some pics of the kitchen area to see what all is different.
Dick

mowermech
Explorer
Explorer
Dishwasher?
That would be me...
CM1, USN (RET)
2017 Jayco TT
Daily Driver: '14 Subaru Outback
1998 Dodge QC LWB, Cummins, 5 speed, 4X2
2 Kawasaki Brute Force 750 ATVs.
Pride Raptor 3 wheeled off-road capable mobility scooter
"When seconds count, help is only minutes away!"

lanerd
Explorer II
Explorer II
Ours came installed at the factory...so we didn't have one installed. Our initial response to it was that we were going to have it removed and have an oven installed in its place. However, after using it for one summer, we changed our minds and now don't know how we ever did without it. Since we are always at an FHU rv park, we use it for just about every meal cleanup...so we never have to wash dishes by hand nor have any dirty dishes in the sink.

Ron
Ron & Sandie
2013 Tiffin Phaeton 42LH Cummins ISL 400hp
Toad: 2011 GMC Terrain SLT2
Tow Bar: Sterling AT
Toad Brakes: Unified by U.S. Gear
TPMS: Pressure Pro
Member of: GS, FMCA, Allegro

RETIRED!! How sweet it is....

Busskipper
Explorer
Explorer
bluwtr49 wrote:
For those that have a dishwasher installed....how well do you like them and do you miss the storage space???

DW is happy so I love it - uses less water - so we can clean up even when we dry camp - Never too much storage but would not be without it.

JMHO,
Busskipper
Maryland/Colorado
Travel Supreme 42DS04
GX470-FMCA - Travel less now - But still love to be on the Road
States traveled in this Coach