cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

electrical problem, lights above dinette will not shut off.

EASY_RIDER
Explorer
Explorer
I have a winnebago aspect, 2014, 30-j unit. I have a electrical problem, the lights {2} above dinette will not shut off with the switch. The only way to shut them off is to shut down all power to the coach. I replaced the switch and again i have the same problem. I would appreciate any suggestions on this matter. thanks, tom
7 REPLIES 7

OLEJOE
Explorer
Explorer
Do they have the button on the bottom of them? Some of mine do and some don’t. May be a bad switch or shorted wiring. Find which wire is the hot wire and make sure it is on the correct terminal. Will the lights work with the switch removed?

cavie
Explorer
Explorer
Do you have a volt meter? Do you know how to use it?
2011 Keystone Sprinter 323BHS. Retired Master Electrician. Retired Building Inspector.

All Motor Homes are RV's. All RV's are not Motor Homes.

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Is the switch standard on/off?
Do you have switch number that you purchased. if so post?
How many pins or wires on the switch?

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

Dusty_R
Explorer
Explorer
If the power goes to the light first, then the 2 wires goes to the switch are shorted together, to prove this, disconnect one of them at the light.

Dusty

EASY_RIDER
Explorer
Explorer
These lights have worked fine since i bought the unit 5 years ago, until last week, however i did switch the wires,after i replaced the original switch but no change.

time2roll
Nomad
Nomad
Assuming the switch works... the light must remain on when the switch is removed.

jdc1
Explorer II
Explorer II
Try wiring the switch using the opposite wire as the cut off. It may be wired with the negative as the shut off. It should be the positive wire.