cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

expected discount on class B Sprinter?

jagbev
Explorer
Explorer
When we bought our current class A motorhome back in 2007, it was common practice to obtain the MSRP price sheet from the manufacturer and you could expect about 25% (more or less) discount from the dealer. In other words, if MSRP was $200k, you could expect to pay about $150k. I don't know whether or not that is current expectation in the class A world (I asked a similar question in the class A forum).

What about class B ? (Roadrek, Pleasure-Way, Leisure Vans, etc.). Was that type of discount available back in 2007? What type of discount can you expect on class B today?

Specifically, what about for class B on Sprinter chassis? They are very popular, so perhaps it's a seller's market with little chance of a good discount?

Thanks.
8 REPLIES 8

jagbev
Explorer
Explorer
(for context, I've pasted in part of a post by My Roadtrek from another topic)

My Roadtrek wrote:
Does it have to be a Sprinter, and how soon do you plan to buy? I only ask because there may soon be more manufactures (see the Winnebago Paseo post) building on the Ford Transit van, which having driven both, I feel is a better handling chassis.

Ford offers a lot more service centers, and the Transit, being a gasser, eliminates the Diesels DEF hassles. Price will fall somewhere between the Travato, and the Sprinter.

Thanks for that good info. We're probably looking at spring or summer 2017 if we can trade our motorhome, otherwise we would sell it and hold out longer for a class B. I guess that's why I was wondering about the discount to get an idea of where my best leverage might be. If good discounts are available, we could sell ours and buy later. But if discounts are minimal, perhaps the best option is to trade. That's another story, with lots of variations, but that's the short version.

I'll post more in the Paseo topic, since this one's about discounts.

My_Roadtrek
Explorer
Explorer
jagbev wrote:
I've always thought of Class C as being larger with a bed over the cab. So I'm only interested in Class B (not the Class C with the fiberglass shell on the cutaway chassis). So I edited (again) and removed B+.

In case the original question has been lost now, it's "what type of discount can be expected for class B (not class B+ or C)?". Sorry for the confusion

You are correct that a "B+" is built with a fiberglass shell. Size has nothing to do with what type/class an RV is, it's all about what type chassis it started as. However PW, and LTV do make quality small Class/type C RV's.

I think you will find the answer I gave you about discounts will be what most people have reported on this, and other B forums. There's always a few exceptions though.

Does it have to be a Sprinter, and how soon do you plan to buy? I only ask because there may soon be more manufactures (see the Winnebago Paseo post) building on the Ford Transit van, which having driven both, I feel is a better handling chassis.
Ford offers a lot more service centers, and the Transit, being a gasser, eliminates the Diesels DEF hassles. Price will fall somewhere between the Travato, and the Sprinter.

NoVa_RT
Explorer
Explorer
I think it's a bit like buying a car, it may depend somewhat on when you buy. I thought I got a pretty good deal buying at the end of the month towards the end of the model year. About 22% off the MSRP on a 2013 unit that had been on the dealers lot for some time. In retrospect, I might have been able to squeeze out just a bit more, they accepted my e-mail offer fairly quickly. Wasn't a Sprinter, but the general principles apply.
2013 RT 190-Popular

jagbev
Explorer
Explorer
I've always thought of Class C as being larger with a bed over the cab. So I'm only interested in Class B (not the Class C with the fiberglass shell on the cutaway chassis). So I edited (again) and removed B+.

In case the original question has been lost now, it's "what type of discount can be expected for class B (not class B+ or C)?". Sorry for the confusion

My_Roadtrek
Explorer
Explorer
You can't compare a Sprinter Class C (B+) built on a cut-away chassis to a Sprinter Class B. They are totally different RV's, different chassis, different construction, and different mark ups. Questions about MB Sprinter Class C's should be asked over in the C forum where you can get a better response from owners.

On edit, I rewrote my post to just include MB Sprinters.

jagbev
Explorer
Explorer
My Roadtrek wrote:
LTV doesn't make Class B's..

I amended my original post to include B+.

Thanks for the input.

My_Roadtrek
Explorer
Explorer
LTV doesn't make Class B's, PW, and RT seem to be around 12 to 15% off MSRP, sometimes you can do better if a unit has been sitting on a lot for a while. Roadtrek will sometimes offer rebates on older models when the new ones come out.
May do better with Winnabego.

AsheGuy
Explorer
Explorer
We bought our 2005 Leisure Travel Vans Class B RV (Sprinter based) that had a list price of $83K+ for $70K. Class Bs have a smaller markup than Class As from what I understand.
David & Margaret - 2005 LTV 210B 3S
- Our Blog -