cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flooring Under Dinette (Pictures)

FLfamily
Explorer
Explorer
We bought a brand new Four Winds Hurricane some 12 years ago and began updating the interior. We removed the dinette completely as we’re adding a corner chair there instead. We’re ready to start pulling up carpet to replace the flooring when we discovered that underneath the dinette table, the flooring is not level, it’s last an incline, like a ramp. Now I understand why it was impossible for two people to sit on one side of the dinette bench, because there was no leg room. They had a carpet pad on top on the floor carpet, so we didn’t realize the floor was like that. It’s also steel, so it cannot be removed. We’re trying to figure out why it was designed this way? The slide out is also not a straight line, making remodel more difficult. I’ve never seen a slide out this way in other remodels I’ve looked at. Any thoughts? And we’re replacing the floor with vinyl planks.
Connie

7 REPLIES 7

FLfamily
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks all.
Edd505 - I was thinking that maybe the slide motor was there.
LT 46 - Perfectly level. It's like the floor was cut purposely like this for whatever reason.

It's very odd!

John_Wayne
Explorer II
Explorer II
If the bench was cut at an angle to make the seat level I'd just put a spacer in the front and make the floor level with the floor on each side of the sloped area. Put a fake grill in it to make it look like a heater outlet.
John & Carol Life members
01 31'Sea View single slide, F53 V-10 with 134,000 miles and counting.
2012 Jeep Liberty Smi brake system
Security by Bentley
God Bless

KF6HCH

Lt46
Explorer II
Explorer II
Something looks very wrong with the slide. From the exterior, does the slide look like it's tilted upward? The floor should look much more level than it does in the pics. I'd be talking to an RV shop about repairs.
Peter & Dawn
[black] 97 Winnebago Adventurer 37RW [/black]
F53/460 w/ tag axle
[black] 96 Prowler 27X SOLD[/black]
IAFF L-792 (Ret.)

Edd505
Explorer
Explorer
Any chance the slide motor access is under there?
2015 F350 FX4 SRW 6.7 Crew, longbed - 2017 Durango Gold 353RKT
2006 F350 SRW 6.0 crew longbed sold
2000 F250 SRW 7.3 extended longbed airbags sold
2001 Western Star 4900EX sold
Jayco Eagle 30.5BHLT sold, Layton 24.5LT sold

Johno02
Explorer
Explorer
Just use snap together strips, and cut as necessary. Just have to del with it. We replaced the flooring in our Hurricane, but it did not have slides, so it was very simple.
Noel and Betty Johnson (and Harry)

2005 GulfStream Ultra Supreme, 1 Old grouch, 1 wonderful wife, and two silly poodles.

FLfamily
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks. I’ll try to post the pictures again from a computer.

MountainAir05
Explorer II
Explorer II
Your link are not working and require a account and password.

Are you seeing the sub frame or frame area with the metal. It was put there by whom made the RV to strength the chassis for flex or as a attachment point for the Box. Not a lot you can do about it.