cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Good Sam or Coach Net.

Don_Don
Explorer
Explorer
Please give me your personal experience with these. I have has Sam for a while and was thinking about Changing. Your input from usage would be helpful.
11 REPLIES 11

sp8gold
Explorer
Explorer
Coach-Net, hands down.

Don_Don
Explorer
Explorer
Coachnet it is!

Sully2
Explorer
Explorer
CoachNet..!!
presently.....Coachless!...
2002 Jeep Liberty
2016 Ford Escape

Effy
Explorer
Explorer
Coachnet
2013 ACE 29.2

xctraveler
Explorer
Explorer
We were given Coach-net with our first coach purchase 13 years ago and have kept it in force ever since through three coaches. The first coach was towed twice at no cost to me and no significant delay. Have not been towed since (shouldn't say that too loud). Have had innumerable calls to them with tech questions and always get good tech support. When I need any kind of service, even routine maintenance they provide me with good recommendations and even make the appointments for me. I should note we travel extensively - see my name - and are seldom anywhere near the dealer we bought from.

Can't say anything about GS, never used them, but they tend to get bashed here a lot more than Coach-Net. But then again they are Good Sam.
Paul
2012 Phaeton 36QSH on Freightliner Chassis with a Cummins 380 pushing it. 2011 Cherry Red Jeep Wrangler Rubicon with US Gear Unified Tow Brake System. Check out my blog
FMCA 352081 SKP# 99526

Dixiechick
Explorer
Explorer
We switched to Coach Net some years ago when we felt we were not receiving satisfactory service from Good Sam. What attracted us to Coach Net was a seminar presented by Coach Net at the FMCA convention. We have a motorhome and Coach Net does not use the closest tow service provider but rather the closest service provider that routinely tows motorhomes. We generally receive a follow-up phone call or email checking on the service we received. The price seems to stay the same and we have really used them this past year!
Cathy and Don, finally retired :B
Cats-Whiskers the Princess and Shadow the Baby
2008 Allegro Class A Open Road 32'

okgc
Explorer
Explorer
I vote Coachnet because they do more than send you a wrecker. Their tech support line is great.

I called when we had a power converter/charger failure in our Bounder, about a day from home. They gave me the name/phone# of a nearby RV service firm and also name/location of an RV parts dealer about 15 min away, if I wanted to handle repair. Coachnet even checked to confirm part was available. 90 min later I had part installed to continue our vacation.
2010 Tiffin Allegro RED 36 QSA with GMC Envoy
Alaska 2015

UsualSuspect
Explorer
Explorer
I have had and used both. Same tow company showed up for both, so I would get the one with best deal.
2007 Fleetwood Excursion 40E Cat C7 350 HP
2007 Chev 2500HD D/A Long bed CC (Yes, it is my TOAD :B)
2011 Toyota Tundra
2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara (Backup towed)
Gone but not forgotten, 2008 Jayco 299 RLS

wny_pat1
Explorer
Explorer
Coach-Net went above and beyond for me. Been with them three renewals periods now and don't plan on going anywhere else unless their service goes way down hill.
โ€œAll journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware.โ€

jhilley
Explorer
Explorer
I also have had both and have no problem with either. Currently had Coachnet, switched for RV technician on line, but haven't used that service.
2003 Winnebago Adventurer 38G F53 Chassis Solar Power
1999 Winnebago Brave 35C F53 Chassis Solar power
Handicap Equipped with Lift & Hospital Bed
1999 Jeep Cherokee Sport
1991 Jeep Wrangler Renegade

dbbls
Explorer
Explorer
I have had both and was satisfied with both. Switch every year and get the introductory price.
2011 F-350 CC Lariat 4X4 Dually Diesel
2012 Big Country 3450TS 5th Wheel