cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Granite Countertop Paint

Brian48
Explorer
Explorer
Just wondering if anyone has any first hand experience with the granite countertop paint kits? I didn't see any reviews in the ad from CW and have not yet searched the net for any. I have used some floor kits in the past that gave a decent result. Thanks. Brian
9 REPLIES 9

Pogoil
Explorer
Explorer
We did a TT. many years ago. Put xtra coats of clear on top and it will be more durable. Ours held up well for the 5 years we owned it.

Pogoil.

TexasH
Explorer
Explorer
nelson wrote:
rusteoleum kit

My son used this on his stick house kitchen cabinets. Not exactly like granite, but it looks good and was a good cover up for some really bad formica tops. The most obvious thing is that he had sharp corners on the edges and the stuff didn't soften that edge very much, but, overall a good inexpensive fix for bad formica.
2002 Southwind 37U Ford F53 - V10
2007 Jeep Liberty Toad

Merrykalia
Explorer
Explorer
I was going to say that the Rustoleum kit gets really good reviews and they carry it at Lowe's and Home Depot. I saw it in some larger Walmarts a few years ago, but don't know if they still have it.
2017 Ford F350 Crew Cab 6.7L 4x4 DRW

nelson
Explorer
Explorer
rusteoleum kit
2002 Damon Challenger 348 Ford V10
Blue Ox Auto Stop and Aventa II Tow Bar
2001 Ford Sport Trac with Remco Driveshaft Disconnect

Brian48
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks 3. Does it leave a nice smooth finish or more textured because of the flecks?

3sacrwd
Explorer
Explorer
I just did this in my home. I used the Rusteoleum kit and painted white laminate a dark green/black fleck mixture. It is sort of a messy process, but my wife and i both love the improved look. I would definitly reccomend it.
1997 Forest River Reflection 38' DP

Brian48
Explorer
Explorer
For clarification this is not painting a granite top. It is a multi-coat application to be used on about any surface with a resulting granite appearance. It is supposed to work for a backsplash also. Brian

brirene
Explorer
Explorer
Fwiw, I was considering for the s&b a few years ago, and it got some pretty favorable reviews.
Jayco Designer 30 RKS Medallion pkg, Trail Air pin
'05 F350 6.0 PSD CC 4x4 DRW LB B&W Companion, Edge Insight

โ€œCertainly, travel is more than the seeing of sights; it is a change that goes on, deep and permanent, in the ideas of living." Miriam Beard

Teacher_s_Pet
Explorer
Explorer
Gonna use white latex paint on that granite top? I would suggest a "high hide" primer ๐Ÿ˜‰
'06 Phaeton 40' QSH
'14 Ford Flex SEL AWD Toad
'04 R-Vision Trail-Lite 213
Scottiemom's Pet or husband to Dale
RV.net Rallies 13, Other Rallies 21, Escapades 7
Fulltimers since 2005, Where are we?
Our Travel Blog