cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gray water tank valve leaks

billcatwat
Explorer
Explorer
There is a hose clamp on the gray water tank line. The screw to tighten is in an inaccessible place at the top of the hose. I would like to know how to 1. change the position of the hose clamp or 2 tighten the screw where it is.

Winnebago Minnie Winnie 2017 24 ft.

? Did you see the "Announcement : ??READ BEFORE POSTING HERE??" at the top?
    Forum Posting Help and Support is reserved for how-to question related to forum posting, signature and photo testing, or reporting member account issues. Please avoid using Forum Posting Help and Support for RV related questions, as doing so can delay responses to your thread. Instead, go to the RV Forum which corresponds to the subject of your topic, and click the Post New Topic link. Thank-you!

Moved from FORUM POSTING HELP AND SUPPORT

2 REPLIES 2

youracman
Explorer
Explorer
On edit: Here's the cutoff wheels I mentioned. They are about .040" thick to they make what would be almost like a knife-width cut.

Cutoff wheels.

ed s
Ed Sievers, Denver, CO
07 WGO Outlook 31-C; '16 Kia Soul with 6spd DIY Tranny
"Be the person you needed when you were younger"

youracman
Explorer
Explorer
I guess a "Thank you" letter to WGO is probably not in your plans, right, Bill?

Seriously...... if there is enuff clearance on the bottom side of that hose I would chuck up one of those real thin cut-off wheels in my Dremel tool and c a r e f u l l y cut the clamp off. Even if you just touch the hose with the cut-off wheel, it should not materially effect the integrity of the hose ..... since there is only the 1/2 psi or so head pressure of the gray tank's fluids involved. Then open up a new stainless clamp, thread it around the hose and cinch it up.

I found it easier to remove a good portion of the plumbing "tree" in that area to get my (remote-actuated) Valtera valve out of there to replace it.....what with all that ABS pipe glued up tight. The screw for the clamp was looking right at me though..... so it was a cakewalk. Hard to imagine someone at the factory installing a clamp like yours is installed. Hmmmm maybe it isn't so hard to imagine, come to think of it. Grrrrrrr!!!!!

Good luck with the fix. And safe travels.
Ed S in Denver.
07 WGO Outlook 31C
Ed Sievers, Denver, CO
07 WGO Outlook 31-C; '16 Kia Soul with 6spd DIY Tranny
"Be the person you needed when you were younger"