cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

HELP NEEDED E450 WIRING SCHEMATIC

woodworker414
Explorer
Explorer
Good morning all. Not sure if this is the right forum to post this request. I did a search of the site,came up with nothing. I guess I am not wording it right. I need a wiring schematic for the 2002 e450 chassis. I have been unable to find one on the net. I want to install a backup camera system, which has 3 cameras. The ones on the sides are suppose to turn on when you put on the turn signal. Hence the need for the schematic. Need to pick the right wire. If somebody cold point me in the right direction where I can find the schematic, that would be good.
thanks for your help.
Safe Travels
Bill
Brenda and Bill
2020 Lance 1172, our traveling rig
2013 Heartland Landmark Mesa, 40', fifth wheel, we keep at our snowbird home in central FL, Bushnell, FL.
2014 Chevy Silverado LTZ 3500HD, CC, 4x4, LB, duals, DuraMax
9 REPLIES 9

OldRadios
Explorer
Explorer
Buy It Now cheaper
2006 Fleetwood 26Q
2010 Harley Softail Toad
2015 Ford Focus Toad
Upstate (the other) New York

woodworker414
Explorer
Explorer
TyroneandGlayds, thanks for the link. I will see if I am lucky.
Safe Trafels
Bill
Brenda and Bill
2013 Heartland Landmark Mesa, 40', fifth wheel, we keep at our snowbird home in central FL, Bushnell, FL.

TyroneandGladys
Explorer
Explorer
Van Wiring Diagram Manual
Tyrone & Gladys
27' 1986 Coachmen

woodworker414
Explorer
Explorer
Hi j-d. Haven't really made the final decision on placement of side cameras. Kinda of leaning toward up toward the front of the cabover as high as possible. I would then have to run the wires inside and drill throught the wall to hook up the camera, which does not bother me to od it that way. The son in law will do the install, because of my vision issues, and he is a electronic trained guy. The final decison will have to be made soon. We have talked about taping the cameras in the location and just run the wires through the window for a trial look see, then make the final decisoin based on the view on the screen.It sure will be nice to have the system installed. Want it installed before we head to the gulf, late April.
Safe Travels
Bill
Brenda and Bill

j-d
Explorer II
Explorer II
Closest aftermarket Haynes Manual to our 2002 E450 V10 is the 1992-2005 E150-350 Book 36094.

Only wiring diagram I could find in all its diagrams that covered Turn Signals was labeled 1992-1996 and it shows the colors KCharles posted above.

Where will the side-view cameras mount?

If they add to your existing mirrors, it could be easier to run the wiring back from the front lights. That's what I did when I added Turn/Marker lights to our mirrors. Note that if you need a ground, the Doors Are Not Grounded! At least reliably. I had to bring a ground wire in from the door jamb.

If the cameras mount to the side of the coach body, probably easier to bring wire forward from the rear lights.

Our coach has a low-mounted midship clearance light on each side of the body, about halfway along the length. Ours is only a marker. If it happened to also flash with turn signals, then it could be the best choice to tap into.
If God's Your Co-Pilot Move Over, jd
2003 Jayco Escapade 31A on 2002 Ford E450 V10 4R100 218" WB

woodworker414
Explorer
Explorer
Hi Bordercollie, I should have phrased my question, like K cHARLES answered. I should have said the wiring digram in the steering column.
Thanks for the reply.
Safe Travels
Bill
Brenda and Bill

woodworker414
Explorer
Explorer
thanks K CHARLES, that is the info I needed. It will be a good starting point.
Thanks again.
Safe Travels
Bill
Brenda and Bill

Bordercollie
Explorer
Explorer
It's unlikely that a Ford E-450 manual would show RV housebox wiring in question. Try to get a schematic, etc., from the RV manufacturer.

K_Charles
Explorer
Explorer
For years for had these colors in the steering column
white/blue R,F. Turn
green/white L.F. Turn
orange/blue R.R. Turn and brake
green/orange L.R Turn
black/green Accessory

Check with a test light first but that will give you a place to try