cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

How many of us are there? Owners of Dodge based RV's?

whiteknight001
Explorer II
Explorer II
I'm new here, and curious.

How many of us in Class C own Dodge B300 incomplete
cab/chassis based RV's? I know two others- Steve aka
Ripsaw, with a 1977 Brougham, and Leroy aka 1978_Dodge
_Delta who owns a 440V8 powered sharp looking 1978
Delta RV. I would like to ask, and offer, help, idea
swapping and comparing notes on our particular RV's
which are based on the Dodge B300 van chassis.

Yeah, I know. These are low tech, podgy old RV's that
would be considered "entry level" for folks like me,
but I have a deep and abiding respect for the quality
of these old "monsters of the open road". And anyone
wanting to pick brains, joke about, share notes or just
brag about our old A- Dodge-io's are certainly welcome
to PM or email me. Between all of us we can form a real
good support group, and help each other with problems
we know we'll encounter with an older vehicle.

Sure. I'd love a new RV. But I'd rather have an older
one already paid for, and a lotta great memories. Call
me frugal, an old hippie, or whatever you will. I'm proud
of my old land yacht.

Mopar Madness Manifest in the flesh,

Mark aka White Knight

P.S. Mine's a '72. Is there an older one out there someone's
motorvating in? Maybe even a Travco? W/K
1972 Mobile Traveler 20' Dodge B300 Class C
"The Kobayashi Maru" Trans- Prarie Land Craft
"Requiescat in pace et in amore..."
8,369 REPLIES 8,369

RFV
Explorer
Explorer
Hello all,

Just changed out the original carburetor, distributor cap, wires, plugs, etc from the 1973 Dodge B300 Sportsman RV that I picked up. Cranked her up and she runs like a champ! Will replace the front two tires and will be up and moving. Looking forward to taking it out and about ๐Ÿ˜„

Rudy

RFV
Explorer
Explorer
Hey all,

Any of you who own a vintage Dodge B300 Sportsman ever replace the sole gray/back water tank? The one that I have has held it's last (it's falling apart). It is a round tank so I seriously doubt I would find a similar replacement and will most likely end up using a Barker/Thetford/Tote-N-Store tank if I cannot find a replacement.

Rudy

Jeff_Barrett
Explorer
Explorer
Hey everyone, I looked through the first 20 or so pages but didn't see the answer I was looking for ... maybe one of you can help me out.

I just bought a 1981 Triple E Micmac IV motor home. It's a 26' and a real cream puff in terms of interior and extrior condition. All the appliances work, the interior is clean and in excellent shape, and exterior body looks fantastic. The motorhome has whopping 50,643km on it.

I paid $1800 CAD ... the seller was very motivated and I was in the right place at the right time. I truly think this unit was a steal even with the minor mechanical repairs it requires to be passed for safety.

It needs very little work to pass a safety, rear axle seals, ball joints, idler arms, and a few marker lights. This is easy work for me as I have the facility, tools, knowledge, and experience.

The problem I'm having is sourcing parts. The plate inside the drivers side door pillar states it as being a Dodge F40. The badge on the side of the vehicle states Sportsman. I've read some guys say to cross reference with an MB400, MB300, or B300.

I'm totally confused here and want to order the right parts once.

What vehicle do you use to source parts from? The B300?

Here's the plate from the inside drivers side door pillar:

my440
Explorer III
Explorer III
chinook440 wrote:
If you have a factory gas tank and sending unit from dodge it should be 73 thru 10 ohms .

Hi & thanks kindly for that.

Was wondering...
The plug that plugs into the cluster gauge has broken pins.
Does this affect tail lights??...by chance??

Thanks!

bingbill
Explorer
Explorer
any one know where to get a speedo cable for a 76 xpolrer 260? it's a m300 auto without cruise control

bingbill
Explorer
Explorer
I'm sure I saw this here, but can anyone tell me the part # for a speedo cable for a 76 xplorer260 m300. auto trans with out overdrive. thanks

bingbill
Explorer
Explorer
hi! I'm a newbe to the forum and to rving. Last fall I picked up a 76 xplorer 260. It's in pretty good shape, just needs so maintenance that was passed over the years. I'm not a mechanic,so if you know of any in the Tucson area please drop me a line.thanks.

chinook440
Explorer
Explorer
If you have a factory gas tank and sending unit from dodge it should be 73 thru 10 ohms .

my440
Explorer III
Explorer III
Parts guy says he needs ohm readings on present sensor to match aftermarket fuel gauge. Any chance someone knows??

my440
Explorer III
Explorer III
Griff in Fairbanks wrote:
Okay, I decided I didn't want to do anything I was supposed to be doing ...

The instrument voltage regulator for both the '76 & '78 Dodge B300 is CarQuest ECC 52-1402, which they call an Instrument Cluster Voltage Regulator.

Should be the same for the MB300s.

Thanks so much!!

eyeteeth
Explorer
Explorer
Hey Griff -

Reading you talk about heater control panels makes me wonder if I couldn't track down a new control panel, and cables for mine.

Need another new speedo cable too... unfortunately, that's a specialty part due to cruise control. Had to have one custom made last time.

Griff_in_Fairba
Explorer
Explorer
Okay, I decided I didn't want to do anything I was supposed to be doing ...

The instrument voltage regulator for both the '76 & '78 Dodge B300 is CarQuest ECC 52-1402, which they call an Instrument Cluster Voltage Regulator.

Should be the same for the MB300s.
1970 Explorer Class A on a 1969 Dodge M300 chassis with 318 cu. in. (split year)
1972 Executive Class A on a Dodge M375 chassis with 413 cu. in.
1973 Explorer Class A on a Dodge RM350 (R4) chassis with 318 engine & tranny from 1970 Explorer Class A

Griff_in_Fairba
Explorer
Explorer
bingbill wrote:
there is a track for the slider screen. the window on the other side has a sliding screen in it. The window is vertical. on my way to check out e-bay. i'm sure I'll be looking for other parts down the road. Hope to do business with you. Thank you

If the track is there, it may be possible to make the screen ... although a bit of a PITA.

Otherwise, good luck. Sorry I could be more help.
1970 Explorer Class A on a 1969 Dodge M300 chassis with 318 cu. in. (split year)
1973 Explorer Class A on a Dodge RM350 (R4) chassis with 318 engine & tranny from 1970 Explorer Class A

bingbill
Explorer
Explorer
there is a track for the slider screen. the window on the other side has a sliding screen in it. The window is vertical. on my way to check out e-bay. i'm sure I'll be looking for other parts down the road. Hope to do business with you. Thank you

Griff_in_Fairba
Explorer
Explorer
bingbill wrote:
cool. as to the window slide for a screen, it's the long window on the passenger side of the truck. The one over the water tank. if you have one, let me know how much and we can go from there . Again, thanks for all your help!!

First, did the window originally have a screen? If so, you may be able to just replace the screen. You may have to remove the window assembly to get at the (hidden) screws holding the screen frame in place. (If you do remove the assembly, be sure to re-bed -- seal -- the assembly when you reinstall it.)

Second, does your window have raked (slanted) sides or are the sides vertical? All the spare windows I have are raked. If yours are raked, I'll need the dimensions to see if I have a match.

If yours have vertical sides, search eBay for "RV windows" ... there are new overstock windows available that are better than older replacements. Some may be an exact replacement for your window, with better insulation, glass, mechanisms, and -- sometimes -- emergency egress fittings.