cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How many of us are there? Owners of Dodge based RV's?

whiteknight001
Explorer II
Explorer II
I'm new here, and curious.

How many of us in Class C own Dodge B300 incomplete
cab/chassis based RV's? I know two others- Steve aka
Ripsaw, with a 1977 Brougham, and Leroy aka 1978_Dodge
_Delta who owns a 440V8 powered sharp looking 1978
Delta RV. I would like to ask, and offer, help, idea
swapping and comparing notes on our particular RV's
which are based on the Dodge B300 van chassis.

Yeah, I know. These are low tech, podgy old RV's that
would be considered "entry level" for folks like me,
but I have a deep and abiding respect for the quality
of these old "monsters of the open road". And anyone
wanting to pick brains, joke about, share notes or just
brag about our old A- Dodge-io's are certainly welcome
to PM or email me. Between all of us we can form a real
good support group, and help each other with problems
we know we'll encounter with an older vehicle.

Sure. I'd love a new RV. But I'd rather have an older
one already paid for, and a lotta great memories. Call
me frugal, an old hippie, or whatever you will. I'm proud
of my old land yacht.

Mopar Madness Manifest in the flesh,

Mark aka White Knight

P.S. Mine's a '72. Is there an older one out there someone's
motorvating in? Maybe even a Travco? W/K
1972 Mobile Traveler 20' Dodge B300 Class C
"The Kobayashi Maru" Trans- Prarie Land Craft
"Requiescat in pace et in amore..."
8,369 REPLIES 8,369

Leeann
Explorer
Explorer
Hi and welcome! Glad we could help, in all our craziness.

Dang, 12.0 makes me really jealous….
'73 Concord 20' Class A w/Dodge 440 - see profile for photo

VintageMopar
Explorer
Explorer
OK, I have been slogging my way through this thread for over a month now and finally reached the end so I can post and comment.
Having been a journeyman auto mechanic (in a previous life)for a total of 36 years, spent 23 of those at various Chrysler dealerships I have been chomping my teeth when someone posted a question 1-5 years ago and I had the solution.../sigh
My wife and I have a 1973 Dodge B300 sportsman 20 footer. It was in fair condition a month ago when we first got it, but it's getting better every day. We are literally in love with it.
I have to thank everyone in this thread, especially Trish, Leanne, whiteknight001, goreds, oldman and others that have helped me and others with our mopar rvs. This thread has been invaluable.
Hope the best for everyone that started and kept this going over the years. I will try and help out and carry the torch with my dodge and automotive experience.
Now my story of our first outing. We went to a Mo. State campground about 100 miles away. Filled up before going to campground, (gas gauge is inop at this time). Figured out we got 6.4 MPG....We had a great time, camper performed perfectly, got down to low 30s at night, but little 1500 watt electric heater kept it warm. Day before we were leaving, I pulled the doghouse, zipped off the top of the Holley 2bbl, lowered the float level about 3/8 inch,(not recommended for the faint of heart), lengthened pump stroke and advanced the distributor about 10 degrees. Now I had set all these to specs before hand, but I was so mad about the MPG, I was not gonna accept that.
End of story, got 12.0 on the way home, no pinging on hills, no lean pop taking off from a stop and a lot more power. Btw drove 50-55 MPH each way. Try doing that with a fuel injected, sensor covered engine!

whiteknight001
Explorer II
Explorer II
goreds2 wrote:
beniam wrote:
Has anyone heard how Trish D. is doing?Is she on her long awaited trip??Trish you have been in my thoughts and prayers and will continue to be so.....God bless..
Hope Trish is doing well.

I second this. Please, Trish- let us know how you are, and if you
are where you can't reply just now, have somebody let us know. I am still praying for you, and thinking about you.

Mark
1972 Mobile Traveler 20' Dodge B300 Class C
"The Kobayashi Maru" Trans- Prarie Land Craft
"Requiescat in pace et in amore..."

goreds2
Explorer
Explorer
beniam wrote:
Has anyone heard how Trish D. is doing?Is she on her long awaited trip??Trish you have been in my thoughts and prayers and will continue to be so.....God bless..
Hope Trish is doing well.
See Picture In My Profile
I have a 1989 Dodge XPLORER RV Class B - Purchased 10/15/10 IN CASH
Fiance' purchased a Class C 2002 Dynamax Carri-go on 5/1/15 IN CASH
We've got the best of both worlds

Phantom59
Explorer
Explorer
Does anyone here have the big 114 amp alternator on a class C ? Will it even fit along side the engine? I'm wanting to upgrade my charging system and already have the alternator but need to locate the mounting brackets.

beniam
Explorer
Explorer

badger_
Explorer
Explorer
DDub wrote:
Newbie 1979 Dodge Brougham 19' van conversion owner here. I have been full-timing in a DIY converted cargo van since February, need a little more space and better setup. This definitely fits the bill while still being street/parking spot legal.

I just bought it yesterday and there is a bit of an electrical problem (definitely for someone else to fix, not me). Also gas gauge/speedometer/odometer all broken, and I don't know how big the gas tank is...etc. Would love to get a copy of the owner's manual but not lucking out with sources. Any ideas on where to find one?

Welcome!

I have a 1979 Dodge Robinhood 24' Class C. As for the owner's manual, I have had pretty good luck finding manuals online. Sellers scan old manuals and sell the copies. Good luck!

DDub
Explorer
Explorer
Newbie 1979 Dodge Brougham 19' van conversion owner here. I have been full-timing in a DIY converted cargo van since February, need a little more space and better setup. This definitely fits the bill while still being street/parking spot legal.

I just bought it yesterday and there is a bit of an electrical problem (definitely for someone else to fix, not me). Also gas gauge/speedometer/odometer all broken, and I don't know how big the gas tank is...etc. Would love to get a copy of the owner's manual but not lucking out with sources. Any ideas on where to find one?

RFV
Explorer
Explorer
Hello all,

I've got a small area of rubber flooring that has broken apart and come up right next to the engine doghouse cover on my 1974 Dodge Sportsman. Engine heat comes up from the open area and can be quite hot after sometime. I'm asking for your opinion on what would work to block the heat (heat shield, etc)? Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Rudy

goreds2
Explorer
Explorer
Great to see this thread still going! It helped me alot when I had my 1976 Class C (See my signature). Best wishes to Trish D.

Awesome rigs on page 582 of this thread and every page for that matter.
See Picture In My Profile
I have a 1989 Dodge XPLORER RV Class B - Purchased 10/15/10 IN CASH
Fiance' purchased a Class C 2002 Dynamax Carri-go on 5/1/15 IN CASH
We've got the best of both worlds

my440
Explorer III
Explorer III
Trish Davis I would keep the pilot lit if I knew you were comin thru...

beniam
Explorer
Explorer
Trish, I was wondering how are you? ANd where you are now?? A long way down the highway, still hot here in Texas,although cooler at night. You have been in my thoughts and prayers.. ben

ALnCORY
Explorer
Explorer
Well Trish, we are right on US Hwy 95 just north of where it meets I-84. Not sure where you friends are west of Tetons,but like I said we are on the far west side of Idaho. But if we are sort of on your route please feel free to stop by. Hwy 95 will take you due north all the way to the Canuck border where you can go up through Banff and Jasper parks on your way to the Alcan. Its a good road and lots of varied scenery.
Anywho, if you want, give me a PM and I will get you our contact info in case you end up in our area.... we have lots of hot water, 2 showers or a nice big tub to soak in, large capacity washer and plenty of room to hang either inside or out. We can probably even round up some steaks to grill if your into such things.
Sounds like a great trip...... take care and let me know if I can be of help.
A.
PS, Kitty is welcome, we no longer have any pets so there will be no arguments
I don't think anyones dying statement ever contained the words "I wish I had spent more time in the office", so lets go somewhere!

Trish_Davis
Explorer
Explorer
Damm, you guys rock.

bethematch.org handles most of the bone marrow matches in the US.
I do know that if you're found to be a match, then my insurance will pay for the procedure --which does not hurt!

I've had bone marrow taken twice from my hip and all they gave me was Adavan(?) or I think it was Adavan. I felt a pinch and had a great buzz. The end. Last time I made my son take pictures. Truth. How often you get to see your own bone marrow?

As for The Trip, I figure due west through WI and to my buddy Fred's place in MN, where we will wash our clothes, shower and use up all his hot water.

Then to So Dakota because Marge has to see the Badlands. Hell, everyone should see the Badlands. And a couple days in Deadwood; last time I was there, it was nothing. Apparently the TV show did wonders for the town.

Then the Tetons and west to Tinker & Linda's for more free hot water.
Then north through BC. For a long time.

I haven't been to Idaho in years, but we may just show up. We'll be dirty, hungry and tired. Unless my hair grows back, you won't be able to miss us 😉

Mark, where are you? I love driving so just tell me.

ps: Cats. I am bringing Kitty. Most of the chemo chemicals must be out of me because he's taken to 'grooming' my hair again. Only I have very little of that and do you have any idea what a cat's tongue feels like on your scalp.

ALnCORY
Explorer
Explorer
Trish,
I am sure your route to the artic from where you are will not bring you anywhere close to SW Idaho,, But..... if it does please know you are welcome at our home to stop and rest, take a long hot shower, do your laundry or whatever is needed.... My wife and I are already on the marrow donor list so, we must not be a match or they would have found it I presume, we will keep you in our prayers.
Al
I don't think anyones dying statement ever contained the words "I wish I had spent more time in the office", so lets go somewhere!