cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

HWH 210 series HYD pump motor not working

Gjac
Explorer III
Explorer III
Yesterday I went to use my jacks and only heard the relay click, went through the trouble shooting step on the manual and it said it was a bad motor. I also connected the positive from the battery and negative to the case just to make sure (it is supposed to be internally grounded) but the motor would not energize. From the HWH web site they said these old motors were obsolete, called HWH they said the tech service could not get back to me for several weeks. Has anyone found a replacement pump for this series or have successfully rebuilt the motor themselves?
22 REPLIES 22

Gjac
Explorer III
Explorer III
Lt46 wrote:
The motor I replaced on my 200 series HWH system had a sticker/label saying Monarch 08029.
Looked at this motor online, the mounting flange is different. Mine does not have the ears, but is round. Can't find a local shop that rebuilds these 12v motors.

Lt46
Explorer II
Explorer II
The motor I replaced on my 200 series HWH system had a sticker/label saying Monarch 08029.
Peter & Dawn
[black] 97 Winnebago Adventurer 37RW [/black]
F53/460 w/ tag axle
[black] 96 Prowler 27X SOLD[/black]
IAFF L-792 (Ret.)

Gjac
Explorer III
Explorer III
enblethen wrote:
Hi Gary!
When I replaced mine it converted to a HWH AP30349.
new replacement is AP30348
Big Fire just west of us! Air tankers been flying since daylight this morning!
Hi bud, these units are complete units for $700 plus, I just need to get the motor to work. Right now, I am just trying to figure out what is wrong with it, if I can't I think the best way out is to have it rebuilt like Doug suggested.

Gjac
Explorer III
Explorer III
RLS7201 wrote:
Is it possable that one of these will work?
Or this?

Richard
These look like mine except that they have an external ground. HWH web site says theirs are grounded internally. I am not sure how that works exactly. I can see that the positive from the battery goes to the positive lug on the motor through the solenoid and then connect to the pos brushes inside the motor. Somehow the negative brushes must connect to the motor case through the pump mounted to the frame. I suppose the only way to see if there is continuity to ground is to take the end plate off and ohm it out from the brush to the case. Anyone know an easier way to check it?

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
When in HWH site the pump is a Monarch. There are motors available on Amazon. I didn't find a motor number listed on my paperwork.
found motor number. RAP90415. Replaced by AP14608

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Hi Gary!
When I replaced mine it converted to a HWH AP30349.
new replacement is AP30348
Big Fire just west of us! Air tankers been flying since daylight this morning!

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

RLS7201
Explorer
Explorer
Is it possable that one of these will work?
Or this?

Richard
95 Bounder 32H F53 460
2013 CRV Toad
2 Segways in Toad
First brake job
1941 Hudson

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
A local Alternator/starter rebuild shop should be able to rebuild it. We use them from time to time when the motor is obsolete or hard to find. Doug