cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HWH air leveling issue

lfeather
Explorer
Explorer
We have a 2003 Country Coach and We're having a problem with with our HWH air leveling where the right front airbag will not release air to lower the right front airbag of the coach for leveling. Using the HWH repair manual for the 500 series computer-controlled air leveling, I discovered there is no 12 volts reaching the solenoid, and further up stream, there is no 12 volts at the harness inside the control box. All fuses are good. The book says to change the control board which HWH tells me that this board is obsolete and the only thing I can do is send them the control board for repair and that the worst case scenario could be $925. Before I do this, does anyone have iny ideas? TIA.
Larry, 03 Allure 30856
Larry, Debbie & Max the Pug
USAF Retired
2014 Itasca Reyo P
2016 Subaru Forester 2.5i 6 speed manual transmission
9 REPLIES 9

lfeather
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks Johnsonbert
USAF Retired
2014 Itasca Reyo P

johnsonbert
Explorer
Explorer
Over on IRV2 in the Monaco section there is a moderator named Mike Canter that is a whiz on the HWH stuff. You might check over there and check with him. H has a plan for rebuilding the air valve blocks and solenoids. Might be another source to look into. Hope this may help. Happy Trails bert
2006 Monaco Dynasty Diamond IV 42' Tag, ISL 400,(new to us), Residential Refrig, 10KW Onan, Bosch Washer/220V Dryer (previously 2003 American Tradition 40W) 2010 Chev Malibu LT

lfeather
Explorer
Explorer
tinkerwithit wrote:
I had a problem with a HWH board that need to be repaired and like you they said it could be $1000.00 for a new board. I was only 50 miles from Moscow Ia so I made a appointment and hoped for the best. I was very surprised that one hour after the appointment they repaired the board and charged me less than a hour shop time. Total bill less than a hundred and no more problems. I am very happy with HWH compared to many of the shops that ripped me off.

I hope it doesn't come to that (driving to Moscow from Florida) , but I won't rule it out. Thanks tinkerwithit
USAF Retired
2014 Itasca Reyo P

lfeather
Explorer
Explorer
Ivylog wrote:
There are several HWH control boards on Ebay... do you have the part #
If it looks like this... sells in 2 hours.

Thanks Ivylog, I saw the ones on ebay, but mine is an AP 22070.
Larry
USAF Retired
2014 Itasca Reyo P

lfeather
Explorer
Explorer
crasster wrote:
Ok, fuses are good. Check on the control board and make sure all leads are securely in place. It MAY be a wire issue somewhere. Something loose or pinched. When you say fuses are good, are they fuses specifically for the leveling jacks or are you talking about the main 12v control board? Thought I'd throw some ideas at you. 🙂

Crasster; the fuse(s) is the actual fuse for the solenoid that releases the air for the right front airbag. It (and all others) were good. I even swapt the fuse out with a known good one. To thicken the plot, I even forced 12 volts to that solenoid, and all it did was click, but no air was released. So, it looks like I have more than one problem. The valve may be sticking too. Thanks for all the responses.
USAF Retired
2014 Itasca Reyo P

tinkerwithit
Explorer
Explorer
I had a problem with a HWH board that need to be repaired and like you they said it could be $1000.00 for a new board. I was only 50 miles from Moscow Ia so I made a appointment and hoped for the best. I was very surprised that one hour after the appointment they repaired the board and charged me less than a hour shop time. Total bill less than a hundred and no more problems. I am very happy with HWH compared to many of the shops that ripped me off.

Ivylog
Explorer III
Explorer III
I usually manually air level my HWH 2000 system as on auto it wants to dump all of the air and then level which is OK if staying put for a week. Before spending $1000 I'd add a push button switch to put power to the RF solenoid and manually level.
This post is my opinion (free advice). It is not intended to influence anyone's judgment nor do I advocate anyone do what I propose.
Sold 04 Dynasty to our son after 14 great years.
Upgraded with a 08 HR Navigator 45’...

crasster
Explorer II
Explorer II
Ok, fuses are good. Check on the control board and make sure all leads are securely in place. It MAY be a wire issue somewhere. Something loose or pinched. When you say fuses are good, are they fuses specifically for the leveling jacks or are you talking about the main 12v control board? Thought I'd throw some ideas at you. 🙂
4 whopping cylinders on Toyota RV's. Talk about great getting good MPG. Also I have a very light foot on the pedal. I followed some MPG advice on Livingpress.com and I now get 22 MPG! Not bad for a home on wheels.

Ivylog
Explorer III
Explorer III
There are several HWH control boards on Ebay... do you have the part #
If it looks like this... sells in 2 hours.
This post is my opinion (free advice). It is not intended to influence anyone's judgment nor do I advocate anyone do what I propose.
Sold 04 Dynasty to our son after 14 great years.
Upgraded with a 08 HR Navigator 45’...