cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Rexhall Still Producing Motorhomes?

2bzy2c
Explorer
Explorer
Has anyone heard if Rexhall is still making motorhomes? I checked their website, and they show only a few used RV's for sale, and a recent sales of a "new" 2010.

Previously, I saw where they were making custom buses that were ADA equipped, but not a word on their RV's. In the recent past, their RV's were really cutting edge. Sleek designs, two full wall slides that actually worked. Seems they are slowly moving away from the RV market. Any info would be appreciated.

My advice is worth exactly what you paid for it.
20 REPLIES 20

goodady
Explorer II
Explorer II

Seems like Rexhall's shifting focus away from RVs lately. They used to have cutting-edge designs with full wall slides, but now they're mostly selling used RVs and custom ADA buses.

goodady
Explorer II
Explorer II

My kid went through the same thing a few years ago. For us, it was stress from school and changes at home. Have you asked him if anything’s been bothering him lately? Sometimes talking it out can really help. We found some useful tips in a few books and online articles about managing bedwetting.

You're responding to a post that's 9 years old.

Jeff - 2023 FR Sunseeker 2400B MBS

chloe_s_ranch
Explorer
Explorer
Kind of sad to hear, as we had a 99 with two large slides, which was a big deal back then. We kept it for 12 years with almost no problems. Their welded steel frame construction seemed quite strong and durable.

RobertRyan
Explorer
Explorer
Dick A wrote:
Our firs motorhome was a 1994 Rexhall Airex wide body on an extended forf-53 chassis W/ fuel injection 460 engine. We really liked the layout so decided to add many additions / modifications.

I added a panhard bar, HWH 301 levelers, a winegard Movin-view satellite dome, a Kenwood Excelron high end stereo system and I modified the battery rack to hold three +12 volt grp 30 batteries. Next was to replace the Magnatek converter with an Astron adjustable voltage and current settings with panel meters.

The last modification was to add a full Gayle Banks system.

Through the years we only had a couple of issues; had to replace the fuel pump, the rear sway bar bushings, replaced the radiator and added a TruCool Max transmission cooler, a deeper aluminum transmission cover, and finally a transmission temperature sensor and gauge.

We put seventy-five thousand miles on the coach with no problems other than the normal service items. As for build quality I found no out of line issues. It has solid wood doors on the storage cabinets.

As time went on we wanted a diesel pusher with slides and after a couple years we found the one we purchased. However, the Rexhall is nowhere ready for retirement t as my son now owns it. 🙂

Oh, a few years ago I was told they were building to export to Australia. I still think Bill Rex put out a good product considering the times and the market.

Actually New Zealand, exported one or two

2bzy2c
Explorer
Explorer
tracer999 wrote:
Mr.Mark wrote:
I remember seeing a Rexhall at a RV show a few years ago. Their furniture seemed tiny. All looked very nice but on a small scale.

Their website is not up to date. It seems to me that they would have a market with all of the different floor plans that they have to offer.

The type of mirrors that attached to the top of the front window frame are not the best design. We looked at a Newell that offered that design. If you want to lower the window shades, because of the sun, the shades cannot go to the end of the windshield which leaves a 12 inch or so gap. The shades in the Newell were designed not to block the view of the mirrors.

The design made me want the mirrors that are attached to the lower part of the windshield. That way, the shades can be lowered to block the sun when it's lower in the sky.

Safe travels,
MM.

Rexall went out of business many years ago.

Not true. I know they went into bankruptcy, but they did not go out of business. From what others are saying, they are limping along, but not out of business. However, it does seem like they are headed in that direction though.
My advice is worth exactly what you paid for it.

tracer999
Explorer
Explorer
Mr.Mark wrote:
I remember seeing a Rexhall at a RV show a few years ago. Their furniture seemed tiny. All looked very nice but on a small scale.

Their website is not up to date. It seems to me that they would have a market with all of the different floor plans that they have to offer.

The type of mirrors that attached to the top of the front window frame are not the best design. We looked at a Newell that offered that design. If you want to lower the window shades, because of the sun, the shades cannot go to the end of the windshield which leaves a 12 inch or so gap. The shades in the Newell were designed not to block the view of the mirrors.

The design made me want the mirrors that are attached to the lower part of the windshield. That way, the shades can be lowered to block the sun when it's lower in the sky.

Safe travels,
MM.

Rexall went out of business many years ago. As I recall, it was a front engine gas chassis (perhaps they built a DP model), on the lowe end of the market by price, and had the quality issues typical of low priced RVs.

I am very familiar with the issues surrounding mirrors that mount near the bottom of the windshield versus those that mount above the windshield. As with many choices in the RV world, this involves a choice of compromises. Yes, the high mount mirrors are blocked by partially lowering shades when driving into the sun. But they also offer a much better view along each side of the coach so a smaller vehicle can be more easily seen before making a lane change into already occupied space. These mirrors were developed for passenger buses in Europe, I have been told to raise them above passengers and pedestrians to prevent accidental head/mirror collisions. They are now virtually the universal style in most of the world. Newell offers a choice of either, with a pretty even split on the choices.

Dick_A
Explorer
Explorer
Our firs motorhome was a 1994 Rexhall Airex wide body on an extended forf-53 chassis W/ fuel injection 460 engine. We really liked the layout so decided to add many additions / modifications.

I added a panhard bar, HWH 301 levelers, a winegard Movin-view satellite dome, a Kenwood Excelron high end stereo system and I modified the battery rack to hold three +12 volt grp 30 batteries. Next was to replace the Magnatek converter with an Astron adjustable voltage and current settings with panel meters.

The last modification was to add a full Gayle Banks system.

Through the years we only had a couple of issues; had to replace the fuel pump, the rear sway bar bushings, replaced the radiator and added a TruCool Max transmission cooler, a deeper aluminum transmission cover, and finally a transmission temperature sensor and gauge.

We put seventy-five thousand miles on the coach with no problems other than the normal service items. As for build quality I found no out of line issues. It has solid wood doors on the storage cabinets.

As time went on we wanted a diesel pusher with slides and after a couple years we found the one we purchased. However, the Rexhall is nowhere ready for retirement t as my son now owns it. 🙂

Oh, a few years ago I was told they were building to export to Australia. I still think Bill Rex put out a good product considering the times and the market.
2009 Tiffin 43QBP Allegro Bus
RoadMaster Sterling Tow Bar
US Gear UTB
Ford Explorer Sport Toad
WA7MXP
"Pisqually" the attack kitty :B

Mr_Mark1
Explorer
Explorer

Safe travels,
MM.
Mr.Mark
2021.5 Pleasure Way Plateau FL Class-B on the Sprinter Chassis
2018 Mini Cooper Hardtop Coupe, 2 dr., 6-speed manual
(SOLD) 2015 Prevost Liberty Coach, 45 ft, 500 hp Volvo
(SOLD) 2008 Monaco Dynasty, 42 ft, 425 hp Cummins

The reason the mirrors are designed that way so as to not exceed DOT's 102" width limit. No vehicle can be over 102" wide without an oversize permit.

Good information, but this topic is 9 years old.

Jeff - 2023 FR Sunseeker 2400B MBS

supercub
Explorer
Explorer
I stopped by the factory in Lancaster a couple of months ago and talked to the only person around. They are NOT manufacturing motorhomes. He was doing some detailing on a motorhome someone was going to pick up. I think he said they had 1 or 2 left. According to him, the big hit came when Workhorse stopped building. He said it's very unlikely they would start building motorhomes like they use too. He said, if they did (and he didn't seem to optimistic) that they would build something much smaller.

msmith1199
Explorer
Explorer
I looked at Rexhall's website and it's hard to tell from their diagrams, but they do have a couple of rear bathroom models that don't have a half bath up front. So clearly on those models with the slides closed you have to climb over the bed to get to the bathroom. It's hard to tell from the diagram what else may be blocked. I guess maybe some people may be fine with that, but I wouldn't be.

2021 Nexus Viper 27V. Class B+

2019 Ford Ranger 4x4

Jim
Explorer
Explorer
That's what I thought msmith, that's why I quickly exited the dealership.

BTW, I'd been in other new Rexhall's that morning with the slides extended. The bed was up in the two I toured with their slides in. I certainly asked the guy about it, and he's the one that told me they have to be up when the slides were in...even while traveling.
Jim@HiTek
Have shop, will travel!
Visit my travel & RV repair blog site. Subscribe for emailed updates.
Winnebago Journey, '02
Cat 330HP Diesel, 36.5', two slides.