cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Jack down and annoying alarm while driving

23hotrodr
Explorer
Explorer
Our Itasca 2007 Suncruiser 35L has the HWH 625 leveling system. Fairly often after we have been camped with jacks down and then retract to head out on the road again-- After a while the right front jack down is indicated and the alarm starts dinging. I know the problem that is causing the alarm. The hose to that jack is routed over the rear of the engine compartment from the hydraulic unit near the left front tire. This line absorbs heat and causes the jack to extend 3/4" or so. There may also be some engine and exhaust heat warming up the cylinder, but not sure. I have installed foam pipe insulation on the hose to that jack, but it still occurs, though maybe takes more time. I'm also going to look at installing some heat shielding near the RF jack to try and keep any engine heat away from it. I allow the jacks to fully retract and then more time before doing anything that would turn off the system. I usually let the system time out after retracting, but the heat builds up and pushes the jack down a bit. It is in no way down enough to ever cause a problem while driving, but the alarm drives one mad.

The only way I have found to silence the jack down alarm is to get off the road, set the park brake, and store all jacks again. I have tried to do a "store all" while driving, but can't watch the jack panel while driving and it does not seem to work without the park brake engaged.

Should the "store all" function work to open the solenoids while under way with the 625 system?

This has happened when in horrible city traffic without any possibility of pulling over to set the park brake. The alarm dinging for nearly an hour will cause serious road rage!

Any advice is greatly appreciated.-- Mick
2007 Itasca Suncruiser 35L
2000 Jeep Wrangler
10 REPLIES 10

J-Rooster
Explorer
Explorer
wolfe10 wrote:
Mandalay Parr wrote:
Can you have the line rerouted?

May require a longer line, but sure you can reroute it. Good idea if the current line is in "harms way".

Contact HWH with the length you need and they can send you one.
X-2, I would call HWH Toll Free 1-800-321-3494

Pangaea_Ron
Explorer
Explorer
Listen to Doug!
2008 Itasca SunCruiser 35L
2014 Honda AWD CR-V EX-L

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
Mandalay Parr wrote:

1. WHY would he need to do that? IF it IS Heat expansion, then putting it in store while driving will allow the jack to retract. It does NOT, so that would be a waste of time and effort.
2. Since it does NOT retract in transit, then it is a defective cylinder. Doug

wolfe10
Explorer
Explorer
Mandalay Parr wrote:

May require a longer line, but sure you can reroute it. Good idea if the current line is in "harms way".

Contact HWH with the length you need and they can send you one.
Brett Wolfe
Ex: 2003 Alpine 38'FDDS
Ex: 1997 Safari 35'
Ex: 1993 Foretravel U240

Diesel RV Club:http://www.dieselrvclub.org/

Mandalay_Parr
Explorer
Explorer
Jerry Parr
Full-time
2005 Mandalay 40B
Cat C7 350, 4 Slides
Blue Ox, Brake Buddy
2004 CR-V Toad
jrparr@att.net
602-321-8141
K7OU - Amateur Radio
Kenwood Radios
ARRL, W5YI, & LARC VE
SKYWARN Weather Spotter

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
Both the 300 and 600 series will activate STORE while in transit without the parking brake ON. Your system already has Thermal Auto retract built in. IF the jack extends and once that happens the system has 30 seconds to auto Store(retract). IF after 30 seconds the jack fails to retract to satisfy the Down switch, your dash Alarm and Red indicator light comes ON. Odds are you have a defective RF cylinder that is slightly extending and then due to that heat fails to retract. Are you POSITIVE that after a normal STORE, that jack is fully retracted? Long shot would be a defective Down switch or switch wiring melted in the area of the jack/heat source. Doug

BigSkyBob
Explorer
Explorer
This has happened to me several times and it has always been a low fluid warning. I add a small amount of ATF and that solves the problem.
2008 Monaco Camelot 40PDQ, 4 slides, 2016 Dodge Ram 1500 Hemi Quadcab 4x4. Blue Ox, Garmin 760 LRM GPS, Doran Pressure pro on all 10, M&G Brake, 50 amp SurgeGuard, FMCA, Coachnet.

Pangaea_Ron
Explorer
Explorer
Do you have the newer tapered springs?
2008 Itasca SunCruiser 35L
2014 Honda AWD CR-V EX-L

rgatijnet1
Explorer III
Explorer III
I would check your fluid level. I know my jacks DO NOT sound an alarm until one of the jacks is down 4". If it is going off when a jack extends 3/4", I believe your fluid level is not right.

Trackrig
Explorer II
Explorer II
No, the pipe insulation will not do the job. You need specific heat wrap insulation such as used on exhaust pipes or hydraulic lines. Look on line, go visit a larger NAPA store or call a hydraulic shop.

Bill
Nodwell RN110 out moose hunting. 4-53 Detroit, Clark 5 spd, 40" wide tracks, 10:00x20 tires, 16,000# capacity, 22,000# weight. You know the mud is getting deep when it's coming in the doors.