cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Kings Canyon

DanTheRVMan
Explorer
Explorer
Where is the best place I can get reservations for a 40 ft MH to visit Kings Canyon? Preferably with full hook ups.
Dan
Tiffin Phaeton
Allegro Red 36ft Sold
7 REPLIES 7

OutdoorPhotogra
Explorer
Explorer
lrgbas wrote:
THis is where I was thinking

http://threerivershideaway.com/

This is closer to Sequoia NP, but Kings Canyon and Sequoia are real close together.

They are connected but the entrances are not close and I greatly prefer going in through Kings Canyon on 180. I guess they finally finished the construction on General's Hwy but I still think it's easier to get to General Sherman from Kings Canyon.

I will admit my bias that I visited Kings Canyon regularly (Grant's Grove) but only went to Sequoia if family visited and wanted to see Gen. Sherman tree.
2008 Rockwood Signature Ultralite 5th Wheel
F-250 6.2 Gasser

Former PUP camper (Rockwood Popup Freedom 1980)

MrWizard

Yes this is a North - South oriented correct picture

you can use three rivers if you want to drive the "TOAD" into the park everyday

HW-198 is at the South entrance to Sequoia Pk
not the NORTH joint entrance that enters King Canyon
to get from 3-rivers and HW-198 to kings canyon you have to drive a very twisty multiple switch back route best suited to cars and trucks with popup campers to just get into Sequoia, then drive all the way thru Sequoia on Generals HW to reach Kings canyon

Generals HW is not bad, but the 198 HW into the park is not to be done with a 40ft and toad
take the toad and check it out after you get there
look at it on google satellite view

40ft with a TOAD you want HW 180 going east from Fresno
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

lrgbas
Explorer
Explorer
THis is where I was thinking

http://threerivershideaway.com/

This is closer to Sequoia NP, but Kings Canyon and Sequoia are real close together.
1999 Hurricane 29D

lrgbas
Explorer
Explorer
Wishon is close as a crow flies, but a long way on the raod. I'm thinking there is a RV park/campgroung in 3 Rivers which is close to where you go into Kings Canyon, at least within the area.
1999 Hurricane 29D

Lurker1
Explorer
Explorer
Wishon RV campground isn't IN Kings Canyon, but it's real close. It's deep in the high Sierras, a real pleasure, but takes a bit to get to. We've stayed a few times and were always pleased.

MrWizard
nothing INside the park with full hookups,
lots of campgrounds inside, but NO hookups, generator hours.. morning and evening
hours vary by which campground you are in.. there are a couple of "tent only" locations with ZERO hours.. No generator anytime

several places outside, on the way in, use the northern route, aka HW180 from Fresno
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

eubank
Explorer
Explorer