cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Kwickee steps

ncfd410
Explorer
Explorer
My Kwickee steps are extended about halfway and will not go out the whole way or go back in. Any thoughts?
Ed and Muriel
2013 Winnebago Itasca Sunstar 35 F
5 REPLIES 5

anconn
Explorer
Explorer
enblethen wrote:
I would say they need to get cleaned and lubed good.
I find it easier to take linkage loose to manual operate the step to get cleaned and lubed. Disconnect your power before working on step. It will bite!

X2
2002 Seabreeze 34' MH
2005 Jeep Liberty

crasster
Explorer II
Explorer II
Oh yes, also be sure to short the switch wires if the connection is good. This should cause the steps to come out and retract.
4 whopping cylinders on Toyota RV's. Talk about great getting good MPG. Also I have a very light foot on the pedal. I followed some MPG advice on Livingpress.com and I now get 22 MPG! Not bad for a home on wheels.

crasster
Explorer II
Explorer II
Check all electric connections to the motor first. Clean stuff up. Watch for any rust. Also check the switch for a good connection.
4 whopping cylinders on Toyota RV's. Talk about great getting good MPG. Also I have a very light foot on the pedal. I followed some MPG advice on Livingpress.com and I now get 22 MPG! Not bad for a home on wheels.

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
I would say they need to get cleaned and lubed good.
I find it easier to take linkage loose to manual operate the step to get cleaned and lubed. Disconnect your power before working on step. It will bite!

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

Artum_Snowbird
Explorer
Explorer
Steps either work forward with battery voltage one way, or backward with battery voltage the other way. Rig up a couple of jumper cables from the battery to a set of wires into the motor, and see what happens.

If it works in either direction, you have eliminated a lot of possibilities.

If either happens, do not let it run more than a short second. Troubleshoot
Mike
2012 Winnebago Impulse Silver 26QP
2005 16.6 Double Eagle
2018 Jeep Wrangler JK
previously Snowbird Campers,
Triple E Motorhome and Fifth Wheel