cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lazy daze 24 FD

Junatuna
Explorer
Explorer
My wife and I are looking at the lazy daze 24 front dinette. Our plans are to travel 3-4 mo.ayear to see this country and spend winter months in Florida. We live in a 682 sq. ft. Condo on Long Island so a smaller RVwe see as something we can deal with, and it's a kind of a challenge.Would love to here from others who are RVing on the smaller side.Thanks, Bev and. Tim
13 REPLIES 13

mlts22
Explorer
Explorer
What sells LD to me is that I have not seen any horror stories about their products on the RV forum. Because of the silence when it comes to griping, that shows an outstanding product.

lady4donna
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 24 FD - 2011 - It's a little claustrophobic and not a lot of storage. I'm looking to get the 27'RB. I bought mine used in 2013. It's very nice to drive and I hope the 27' handles just as well.

tpi
Explorer
Explorer
From spending quite a bit of time at the LD factory, I can say it is a very conservatively run business. Employees have been there for years, and I think hiring anyone new is made with great care. The quickest way for quality to spiral downward is to put a lot of new guys on the line without proper monitoring or training. IMO this is the predominant factor here. Additionally the nature of the RV business is cyclical. However they do look like they have plenty of acreage for capacity. Additionally there has been some talk over the years their paint shop is grandfathered in under air pollution regulations, and there is only a certain capacity for painting. They do repaints on used LDs so don't know how true that is.

JT
Explorer
Explorer
The main reason behind the long wait for delivery on a new Lazy Daze (any model) is that LD is a very small company and receives a correspondingly very small allocation of E-450 cutaway chassis from Ford!

2dogtravellin
Explorer
Explorer
We have a 2014 Lazy Daze Twin King. Lazy Daze is almost a cult. They have a very emphatic following. After buying one, I can understand. They are extremely well built and well thought out. The factory, aka "The Mothership" is very responsive to any questions even long after you've driven your rig away.

There's a Yahoo group called Life With a Lazy Daze that you might want to check out.

If you're looking to order a new one, the wait is now about a year.

tpi
Explorer
Explorer
So far, everything I've dug into on my 24' Lazy Daze has been overbuilt. I'm reluctant at times to make modifications-because I want them to be to the same high standard as OEM. Wiring, plumbing, strength of cabinets, , sealing has all been a non issue.

Factory is quite backed up these days, so get your order in when you're ready to move forward.

Junatuna
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you for your responses. I saw the YouTube on the couple living full time, thank you for making me aware of their blog, very informative. I agree Jayco makes a good product as well I have found dealing with the company has always met of expectations. We own at present a 2012 jayco superlite 5th wheel which we are selling. We want to go smaller, easyer to handle, park and just KISS, keep it simple stupid. My wife and I like the lazy daze look as well as the fact of the overall quality. We are attending the rally in May. Thanks again. ????. Bev and. Tim

Dusty_R
Explorer
Explorer
We have an Itasca 24' Spirit. We go to antiqut tractor shows, family camp outs, and spend the winter in Florida in it.
When we spend most of our time out doors, it's great. If the weather keeps us inside for a week, then it gets to seem rather small.

Dusty

computerbug
Explorer
Explorer
We wanted something under 30ft. Thought we would end up getting another class c. Then we saw the brand new 2015 FR3 byForest River. 28ft 10inches. two slides. Rear slide has a walk around king size bed which extends out back and a36inch slide for the dinette and kitchen. Also a powered drop down bed over the driver & passenger seats that you can drive with it down. We bought on the spot. Picked it up the next day and expected some problems as with all new RVs. Had one issue with generator and needed the headlights re aimed . RV world took care of it immediately. Everything seems to be heavy duty. It drives great and we don't have to take a toad every time. We have had 8 RV's I hope this is the last one..
Cathie

OFDPOS
Explorer
Explorer
Our first MH was a 2001 GS Conquest Sport 23ft 11in. Did a few weekend shake down trips. Then spent 26 days and 21 states from Ca to DC went low came back high.
It got a little claustrophobic being only an overhead bunk. Slept a few nights down on the sofa.
Sold that and bought a new to us 2005 Thor FW 5000 23A measures 25ft 4in. with the corner rear bed, went on a shack down camping trip last weekend finally. Love it now with a bed !
It was nice just pulling in where ever we wanted to go , while our friends pulling TTs had to pick and choose how and where they parked !

PghBob
Explorer
Explorer
I believe the Lazy Daze company is also family owned and privately held as well. To the OP, the North East Lazy Daze NELD club will be meeting mid-May for several days in the Laural Highlands of Pennsylvania. Some members have the unit you are interested in obtaining, and would likely welcome a visit to check it out.

The_Logans
Explorer
Explorer
We faced the same kinds of issues now that we're retired. We wanted something smaller (and affordable), but that was still on a Ford E450 chassis. We love the power and reliability of the V10, and so far, we've been very pleased.

I think that all motorhomes are coming out of the factories with "issues" these days, and we looked for over a year. We toured the factories, looked at the models, talked to the workers, and talked to owners.

We finally decided on the Jayco 23XM. It has an exterior length of only 26' 10".
However what really decided the issue was that Jayco is the only family owned and privately held RV manufacturer in the United States. And, they are the only manufacturer to offer a standard 2 year warranty. That was VERY important for us. We figured that if the other companies didn't believe enough in their own products to offer a two year warranty, then something was wrong there!

We've been quite happy so far. There have been a few issues, but we went up to the factory service center, and they treated us like gold there! It was very impressive. Plus we love the area around Middlebury... so much to see and do. So we ended up staying there for 5 days playing tourist.

What ever you decide, be safe and enjoy!

http://www.jayco.com/products/class-c-motorhomes/2015-redhawk/23xm/
Me, My wonderful Wife, 2 Bluetick Hounds, a Newfie, a Cairn Terrier & a Black Lab / Newfie Mix.
2018 Jayco Alante 31v

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
There is a Youtube video of a couple that live in a 24FT class C and they have a BLOG about it that may be helpful.
2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C