cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LCI Hydro Jacks

k9-keno
Explorer
Explorer
Well I have a hole in one of my lippert leveling jack hoses. So all the hoses have the plastic jacket falling off them so I though maybe I would do the back 4 lines now and the front 4 later. Well maybe someone knows better but the line I had made at the line shop was 145.00 for like 30ft...wow The line I got was much better quality then what was used in the first place is this why? What is the cheap stuff they are using with the plastic tube then nylon braid and then what looks like a plastic cover?? I was told this was cheap and the guy at the line place did not even have it. Anyone know the type of hose it was? And the fittings are 20 bucks a pop???? I know Lippert gets 1200 for all the lines and I was thinking I could do it cheaper. All advice is greatly appreciated!!!
2007 Damon Daybreak 35.4ft Class A
2001 Georgie Boy 31ft Class C
2003 Coachman Auroa Gold Class A
1995 Coachman Santara Class C
2000 Coachman Pop-up
1988 Dodge Ram Conversion Van
7 REPLIES 7

fourmat
Explorer
Explorer
I have replaced all the orange line, all of it was leaking or would be shortly. As others have said go to NAPA and have replacements made. I think it cost me about 300.00 for all of them. Take a line in with you so they can match the fitting and either bring the lines in or measure them. I took them all in and had them make them a foot longer.
2009 Challenger

k9-keno
Explorer
Explorer
Mountain WOW thanks!!!
2000 Coachman Pop-up

Jabrad_s_Papa
Explorer
Explorer
k9-keno
Are you near a farming comunity? Luckily for me here in Central Valley Ca. I have a Hydraulic shop just 2 miles away. I have an 06 Daybreak and have replaced almost all my hoses. I can take the old hose in and around 10 minutes they have a new, better hose. You're $130 price is pretty close to what I paid here. I know they are cross country but if you can't find anything else you might try them. They are Hydraulic Controls Inc in Tulare Ca. 559 688 2911.
Also, when running your new hose from the pump, be careful not to get too close to the engine as the heat can melt thru the hose. Damon had a recall on mine some years back. They had to tie the hoses back away from the engine.

MountainAir05
Explorer II
Explorer II
$2 per foot 1/4 inch

$7 per foot 1 inch.

Made to order plus what fitting you need. Get go high pressure one and they will out last you.

http://www.hydraulicsdirect.com/Tough-Cover-Hydraulic-hose-p/tf.htm

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
While LCI does make and supply Hyd lines for their Hydraulic systems, some OEM's use aftermarket hoses which are a lot cheaper than LCI hoses. So, unless you can verify your defective hoses are LCI, don't be too quick to condemn them. The aftermarket hoses used on LCI systems do bubble and leak from inherent weakness's. USUALLY after the warranty period. Doug

k9-keno
Explorer
Explorer
Did you end up paying 20 bucks a fitting?? Do you remember what you paid for one hose and fittings?? Thanks
2000 Coachman Pop-up

newman_fulltime
Explorer
Explorer
Go to a napa and get new lines made it who I use when I replaced lines much better line