cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Lexingtons are no longer made?

TippleUnduly
Explorer
Explorer
Beginning a search for a new B+ and noted that there's no longer a listing for new Lexingtons. Have they been dropped?
Bill K
3 REPLIES 3

tatest
Explorer II
Explorer II
Sometimes they change the name, and nothing else.
Tom Test
Itasca Spirit 29B

Dakzuki
Explorer
Explorer
There could be a few reasons for a (healthy) manufacturer to discontinue a line. Not selling enough, not having access to a chassis to build it on, or replacing it with a product they think will make them more money (profit margin per unit). I have heard of no shortage of E series cab/chassis so I presume it's one of the other.
2011 Itasca Navion 24J
2000 Chev Tracker Toad

mlts22
Explorer
Explorer
I think RV makers are dropping Ford chassis models as time goes on. Part of it is that they want you to buy a Solera, a Sunseeker MBS, or a Forester MBS. Ford E-350/E-450 B+ rigs are pretty rare, mainly because the RV makers want to push Sprinter based rigs, and I'm guessing if someone wants a longer rig, it is a "C", a gasser "A", or buy used.

-edited-

I stand corrected. Looks like Sunseekers and maybe Foresters will have models that have both C cabovers and B+ style overhangs. For example, the 2016 Sunseeker 2430S is a B+.

I think FR may be consolidating their lines, so a Sunseeker can be a "C" or a B+, depending on model type. I know Coachmen does that with their Prism/Prism LE models.