cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Looking for a DP with a back window.

3_dog_nights
Explorer
Explorer
Coming from a 5'ver, really miss the rear window, most campsites seem to have the view set behind you. Class A's usually have an enclosed back end. I miss my view. Ideas?
Bob & Lynn
2 Chihuahua's, Ella, Gracie

was-2013 Open Range 424RLS,06' Chevy 3500, dually, Duramax/Allison

also was - 2015 Winnebago Adventurer 37F, towing 2003 Jeep Wrangler

now - 2021 NoBo 19.5, 2019 Honda Ridgeline RTL (Talk about downsizing!)
20 REPLIES 20

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
There's a number of gasser Class A's with rear windows, but it's typically over the bed, so not much help for sight seeing. We just pull in the other way around when there's a good view behind the site.

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

path1
Explorer
Explorer
Copy and paste'd from rule book. My copy from 2008, might of been changes in the one or two newer additions, so double check. Appears to me rear window on motor homes are legal if they comply with below. (I know for sure the OEM's got water pressure spec's changed (lowered) in newer additions, so for sure double check). So a lot depends of date of manufacture to what rules they play by.

6.4.3.5 Vents or windows that can be opened for ventilation shall not be installed in the rear wall of motor home and truck campers.

6.4.3.6 Normally unopenable alternate exit windows shall be permitted in rear walls.

6.4.3.7 Rear entry doors with fixed windows shall be permitted in truck campers.

6.4.3.8 Rear entry doors with fixed windows shall be permitted in motor homes, provided that no combustion exhausts discharge from the rear of the vehicle.
2003 Majestic 23P... Northwest travel machine
2013 Arctic Fox 25W... Wife "doll house" for longer snowbird trips
2001 "The Mighty Dodge"... tow vehicle for "doll house"

azdryheat
Explorer
Explorer
It's either a closet or the bathroom back there, never a window. Nose your DP into the space and you get the view.
2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2019 RZR 1000XP TRE

Hoot887
Explorer
Explorer
I have a backup camera that I think is as good as a rear window. Most DPs have cameras.

Mile_High
Explorer
Explorer
I feel your pain ๐Ÿ™‚ We had 3 5th wheels with the big back window and that was the only models we would consider. Our MH is totally front window oriented. Even the side windows get fewer as you move back.

It hasn't bothered us too much, but at times I felt like turning it around and running the cord underneath ๐Ÿ™‚
2013 Winnebago Itasca Meridian 42E
2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara Towed

Bruce_Brown
I don't ever recall seeing a DP with a rear window. With all of the air intake plumbing and other stuff I'm not sure it would be reasonably possible.
There are 24 hours in every day - it all depends on how you choose to use them.
Bruce & Jill Brown
2008 Kountry Star Pusher 3910