cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

MagneShade Owners

AllegroD
Nomad
Nomad
How much wind is too much? What is the highest wind you have been in? Have you ever lost your MagneShade Windshield cover?
30 REPLIES 30

PF_PM
Explorer
Explorer
How do the ones for the tires work ? Seems the wind may have a bit more effect on them.. I really like the windshield covers...
2005 Newmar 34' Kountry Star, 8.1L W22, Blue Ox 10K, Honda Pilot, Bijon Shitzu (Sassy) dash dog. Nine Provinces, Two Territories, 47 States, Northern Mexico... so far..

MRUSA
Explorer
Explorer
If you want to save money go to www.rv-sunscreen.com. The RV Promptscreen costs less than half as much as Magneshade. It goes up easily in two minutes with no ladder needed and nothing to attach permanently to your coach. The only drawback is that it doesn't always lay completely flat on the windshield, so it may sag a tiny bit. I have nothing to do with the company but I have used the product happily since 2003. Looks just like the Magneshade.
Marc, Wellington FL
2013 Entegra Anthem 44SL
2018 Lincoln MKX toad
EEZ-RV tire pressure monitor

mike_brez
Explorer
Explorer
Jim Norman wrote:
You will like this! It is especially nice that the inside is no longer a cave if you want some privacy. I did not buy the side shields, I may break down and do that before Summer.

I cannot imagine using snaps to install a shield. If that were the only way, I simply would not. It wouldn't pay unless you were staying put for a longer time. With the MS you can install for an afternoon if you wanted to, it took me all of about 2 minutes to put the shade on yesterday and that was the first time!

X2 on the snap thing. After awhile it will take 30 seconds to put them on.
1998 36 foot Country Coach Magna #5499 Single slide
Gillig chassis with a series 40
02 Ford F250 7.3 with a few mods
2015 Wrangler JKU

Jim_Norman
Explorer
Explorer
You will like this! It is especially nice that the inside is no longer a cave if you want some privacy. I did not buy the side shields, I may break down and do that before Summer.

I cannot imagine using snaps to install a shield. If that were the only way, I simply would not. It wouldn't pay unless you were staying put for a longer time. With the MS you can install for an afternoon if you wanted to, it took me all of about 2 minutes to put the shade on yesterday and that was the first time!
2016 Tiffin Allegro Red 38QBA
2008 Jeep Liberty (aka FireToad)

AllegroD
Nomad
Nomad
Great to hear. Ours is on the way. It will probably be 2-3 weekends from now before we install, as we are a bit busy next weekend.

I will try to remember to post when it is complete.

Jim_Norman
Explorer
Explorer
OK, So after leaving the shade on for a week, the weather warmed up and we peeled the backers off the magnets yesterday. Today was the first off-on.

I am a Happy Camper. Removal was easy, rolled it up around a pool tube. Took the rig out for a 25 mile run to dump tanks and reinstalled MS on return. It was so easy I am kicking myself for not doing this years ago.

AllegroD
Nomad
Nomad
That is a good idea but I have already ordered and bought the storage bag.

John_Wayne
Explorer II
Explorer II
Get a 3 inch sewer pipe with caps on each end to store your shades. Just roll them up put in tube done.
John & Carol Life members
01 31'Sea View single slide, F53 V-10 with 134,000 miles and counting.
2012 Jeep Liberty Smi brake system
Security by Bentley
God Bless

KF6HCH

AllegroD
Nomad
Nomad
Thanks for all the advice. Like the noodle idea.

johnhicks
Explorer
Explorer
Yes, the noodle works fine.
-jbh-

mpierce
Explorer
Explorer
AllegroD wrote:
mpierce wrote:
Great to look out during the day, without anyone being able to see in.

HOWEVER, during the dark hours that switches! You cannot look out, BUT everyone can look in!

Nope. We have the internal night shade. Keeps outside eyes outside.

That works! Just letting them know that without that, it could be a little embarrassing!

Jim_Norman
Explorer
Explorer
We are looking forward to no longer having to choose between fishbowl and cave! We accomplished the 'initial' install yesterday. It is supposed to be warm tis week so next weekend we'll affix the magnets permanently.

The instructions mention rolling the screen around a pool noodle for storage, is this what you all do?

AllegroD
Nomad
Nomad
mpierce wrote:

HOWEVER, during the dark hours that switches! You cannot look out, BUT everyone can look in!

Nope. We have the internal night shade. Keeps outside eyes outside.

mpierce
Explorer
Explorer