cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Monaco 2008-10 class a diesel 38-40 ft

alboy
Explorer
Explorer
Sold our Newmar fiver 2 years ago,now looking to possibly go to a class A DIESEL .IS there still decent support for the older monacos,i like some of their plans 08-10.
11 REPLIES 11

Tom_Barb
Explorer
Explorer
alboy wrote:
JUST talked to my brother who runs the parts dept for Newmar,hes not impressed trying to get parts for trade in older monacos.I just dont need the hassle.

My parts were ordered thru Newmar. but came from their contractor.
2000 Newmar mountain aire 4081 DP, ISC/350 Allison 6 speed, Wrangler JL toad.

alboy
Explorer
Explorer
JUST talked to my brother who runs the parts dept for Newmar,hes not impressed trying to get parts for trade in older monacos.I just dont need the hassle.

Tom_Barb
Explorer
Explorer
YC 1 wrote:
There is plenty of support. Documentation and even a Yahoo group of Monacoers and Hr owners. We just had a rally with over 50 Monacos in attendance.

Support.... What kind of support?

If the front cap gets busted really bad, where are you going to get parts to repair?

we had a bear try to commit suicide on the front corner of our coach, new part was here in 6 days. I turned a corner too short in a gas station dinged a bay door. new door was here in a week.
NEWMAR

YC_1
Nomad
Nomad
There is plenty of support. Documentation and even a Yahoo group of Monacoers and Hr owners. We just had a rally with over 50 Monacos in attendance.
H/R Endeavor 2008
Ford F150 toad >Full Timers
Certified Senior Electronic Technician, Telecommunications Engineer, Telecommunications repair Service Center Owner, Original owner HR 2008

hohenwald48
Explorer
Explorer
Don't know anything specific but that whole 2006-2010 time frame is a little sketchy. Many manufacturers going in and out of business being bought and sold, merging one with the other. Also the already mentioned diesel engine transitions and changes.

Not to say everything in that time frame is bad. I had a 2007 National RV motorhome and it was the best motorhome I've ever had. Just be careful and do your homework.
When seconds count, the police are only minutes away.

2019 Newmar Canyon Star 3627
2017 Jeep Wrangler JKU

Tom_Barb
Explorer
Explorer
alboy wrote:
OK THXS MAY GO BACK TO A NEWMAR,2006-08 ,like the 3910 with the 400 cummins /side rad,or a 40 ft upper end fiver wife can decide

Better Idea.

alboy
Explorer
Explorer
OK THXS MAY GO BACK TO A NEWMAR,2006-08 ,like the 3910 with the 400 cummins /side rad,or a 40 ft upper end fiver wife can decide

2chiefsRus
Explorer
Explorer
William B wrote:
Yes, but not from the manufacturer who is long gone. There is a Monacoers forum on Yahoo, IRV2 has a Monaco section, and Facebook has a very active group. The only comment I would make is I would back it down a year or so, 10's are questionable, and 9's are on the cusp, earlier would be better. JMHO
Agreed
Dave & Kathy
2007 Monaco Knight 40PDQ towing 2018 Ford F-150 & 2017 Harley Trike
Fulltime 2007 to 2016, now halftimers
Before you give someone a piece of your mind, make sure you can get by with what will be left.
Our Blog
National Parks Visited

Airdaile
Explorer
Explorer
Also 2008-2010 was the bad years for diesel emission systems. They were going through the exhaust gas recirc/diesel particulate filter phase. Performance suffered. I'd be looking at later years after Cummins went to DEF. I say Cummins because after the emissions debacle, they were the only company left.

William_B
Explorer
Explorer
Yes, but not from the manufacturer who is long gone. There is a Monacoers forum on Yahoo, IRV2 has a Monaco section, and Facebook has a very active group. The only comment I would make is I would back it down a year or so, 10's are questionable, and 9's are on the cusp, earlier would be better. JMHO
Full timing since 2004
2007 Holiday Rambler Navigator 45' DD Series 60
2019 Dodge Ram 1500 Limited

Our Blog

Tom_Barb
Explorer
Explorer
not really.