cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Monaco Vesta / HR Trip

Rick_Y
Explorer
Explorer
The Trip by Holiday Rambler and the Vesta by Monaco were offered, so far as I can tell, in 2011 and 2012 only. What I have seen of them I really like them but I don't want to buy one without learning why they did not continue to make and sell them. If they couldn't find customers because of size or such then that's one thing but if there was some mechanical or similar problem then I would appreciate being steered away from buying one. Anyone have knowledge backed by more than opinion?
Rick & Karen
2017 Hideout 177LHS travel trailer
2021 Ford Ranger w/tow package, named "Lil Toe"

Estu inteligenta, kaj parolu Esperanton
2 REPLIES 2

Rick_Y
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks, Corkey, appreciate the info.
Rick & Karen
2017 Hideout 177LHS travel trailer
2021 Ford Ranger w/tow package, named "Lil Toe"

Estu inteligenta, kaj parolu Esperanton

Corkey05
Explorer
Explorer
I remember when they first showed up ... at first blush it looked like they were on to something. It appeared to be forward thinking coach.

On closer inspection it seems to be fairly underpowered for the weight, and towing ability was hampered. The tank capacities were not in keeping with any sort of dry camping or primitive camping. Same with battery capacity. The fuel tank was also small. (290 HP, 51 Gal fuel tank, 33,000 GCVW)

There also seemed to be little thought involved in the chassis/engine/transmission ... many changes and upgrades were happening during the model year, and many didn't have leveling. This coach also comes with the Maxforce engine which some have reported as difficult to find service for depending on location. These coaches were built with Maxforce engines during Navistar ownership, but since REV has taken ownership all Holiday Rambler and Monaco diesels are again delivered with Cummins engines.

In the end what they had seemed to be a stylish coach, but seriously lacked the amenities required to do any actual camping. RV parks with full hookups would almost be a must. Towing a vehicle would be a challenge, and amenities (like meaningful inverter power) where lacking.

Do a serious comparison point by point with another coach of your liking before deciding.

TRIP Brochure

VESTA Brochure
2008 HR Endeavor PDQ - Ford Edge 4 Down
FMCA F374292