Explorer
clicky
2007 Damon Astoria Pacifica
My next hobby.
18 REPLIES 18

Ark235B
Explorer
Explorer
Most of you all need to get a life....seriously.
Justin Holder
2004.5 Dodge Ram 2500 Quad Cab SWB "600" Cummins
2010 Coachmen Chaparral Lite 270RKS Fifth Wheel
PPSEL

msmith1199
Explorer II
Explorer II
Mr.Mark wrote:
I would be leery of a 19 yr. old male or female driving a motorhome with a trailer. I mean really, how much experience does one have when having a driver's license for only 2 yrs.?

Safe travels,
MM.

Obviously not enough!

2021 Nexus Viper 27V. Class B+

2019 Ford Ranger 4x4

Mr_Mark1
Explorer
Explorer
I would be leery of a 19 yr. old male or female driving a motorhome with a trailer. I mean really, how much experience does one have when having a driver's license for only 2 yrs.?

Safe travels,
MM.
Mr.Mark
2021.5 Pleasure Way Plateau FL Class-B on the Sprinter Chassis
2018 Mini Cooper Hardtop Coupe, 2 dr., 6-speed manual
(SOLD) 2015 Prevost Liberty Coach, 45 ft, 500 hp Volvo
(SOLD) 2008 Monaco Dynasty, 42 ft, 425 hp Cummins

qtla9111
Nomad
Nomad
Doesnยดt matter if it was a Christian band or not. The reporter should have omitted that.

I am assuming that the trailer was being towed by the motorhome. Iยดm glad that they are alive but wonder what their setup was and it that was responsible for the accident? A driver without enough experience?
2005 Dodge Durango Hemi
2008 Funfinder 230DS
Living and Boondocking Mexico Blog

TNGW1500SE
Explorer
Explorer
dewey02 wrote:
CraneMan wrote:
Christian Rock band but no one will admit to being the driver...

Really?
Instead of being thankful that none of the occupants have life-threatening injuries, you decide to take a potshot at them because they are a Christian band?

Do you know the nature of the situation?
Do you know that it was the fault of the driver?

I little touchy there aren't we when it comes to religion?

Personally,, I'll bet the Amish electric guitar player was driving and he was texting.

CraneMan
Explorer
Explorer
msmith1199 wrote:
You do realize that was my first comments about the incident and it was simply pointing out there was nobody trying to hide the identity of the driver?

And I hope you realize I only commented to you once in reply to your post. I apologise for you appearing in my following posts. I was simply quoting the posts I was replying to.
2003 Sea Breeze LX 8311

msmith1199
Explorer II
Explorer II
You do realize that was my first comments about the incident and it was simply pointing out there was nobody trying to hide the identity of the driver?

2019 Ford Ranger 4x4

CraneMan
Explorer
Explorer
dewey02 wrote:
CraneMan wrote:
msmith1199 wrote:
Google is your friend. From another news article about the accident, there was no lying about who the driver was, only typical media games:

"According to the Iowa State Patrol, 19-year-old Viviana Elise-Alaniz Garcia of Lincoln Park, Michigan was driving a 1999 Coachmen RV westbound on I-80 between the Walnut and Avoca exits. Authorities say Garcia lost control, causing the vehicle to roll on the driver's side. The RV came to rest partially in the median and partially in the left lane.

Garcia and three of her passengers -- 25-year-old Jonathon Lee Moriconi of East China, Michigan, 21-year-old Nathan Paul Barringer of Livonia, Michigan, and 26-year-old Sean Joseph Mueller of Fair Haven, Michigan -- were all taken to Myrtue Memorial Hospital in Harlan by various rescue units with undisclosed injuries."

I'm not as interested as you. I read the linked article and made a statement as to the humor in the situation. Please continue if you must get in te final word. But as far as caring, I was done with the story with my first post. It's now all about you being "right" and winning an argument that you are having with yourself. See above, I don't care enough to "get to the bottom of it" but please, enjoy...

Really - a very serious rollover with people going to the hospital and you see humor in the situation. Both sad and pathetic.

Pathetic? Do you care about them? Friends? Family? Probably not. You only care about browbeating someone. The world is full of tragedies but you can't let up henpecking me about an accident involving strangers in the middle of nowhere with only minor injuries. Pathetic? Why yes, yes you are.
2003 Sea Breeze LX 8311

dewey02
Explorer II
Explorer II
CraneMan wrote:
msmith1199 wrote:
Google is your friend. From another news article about the accident, there was no lying about who the driver was, only typical media games:

"According to the Iowa State Patrol, 19-year-old Viviana Elise-Alaniz Garcia of Lincoln Park, Michigan was driving a 1999 Coachmen RV westbound on I-80 between the Walnut and Avoca exits. Authorities say Garcia lost control, causing the vehicle to roll on the driver's side. The RV came to rest partially in the median and partially in the left lane.

Garcia and three of her passengers -- 25-year-old Jonathon Lee Moriconi of East China, Michigan, 21-year-old Nathan Paul Barringer of Livonia, Michigan, and 26-year-old Sean Joseph Mueller of Fair Haven, Michigan -- were all taken to Myrtue Memorial Hospital in Harlan by various rescue units with undisclosed injuries."

I'm not as interested as you. I read the linked article and made a statement as to the humor in the situation. Please continue if you must get in te final word. But as far as caring, I was done with the story with my first post. It's now all about you being "right" and winning an argument that you are having with yourself. See above, I don't care enough to "get to the bottom of it" but please, enjoy...

Really - a very serious rollover with people going to the hospital and you see humor in the situation. Both sad and pathetic.

CraneMan
Explorer
Explorer
msmith1199 wrote:

I'm not as interested as you. I read the linked article and made a statement as to the humor in the situation. Please continue if you must get in the final word. But in so far as caring, I was done with the story with my first post. It's been all about your being "right" and winning an argument that you are having with yourself. See above, I don't care enough to "get to the bottom of it" but please, enjoy...
2003 Sea Breeze LX 8311

msmith1199
Explorer II
Explorer II

2019 Ford Ranger 4x4

msmith1199
Explorer II
Explorer II
CraneMan wrote:
DownTheAvenue wrote:
CraneMan wrote:

That is not what the article said. It mentioned that one band member was asleep in his bunk when the wreck occurred and did not know who was driving. That is significantly different that what you have alleged.

Gottschalk said he was asleep in his bunk when the motor home crashed. He does not know who was driving.

Authorities are working to identify who the driver and are investigating other details pertaining to the wreck.

I guess you missed this part. "Authorities are working to identify who was driving" Didn't bother to read the entire article I see.

At the time the article was written, which I have to assume was quite some time after the accident, they had not as yet ascertained who was driving. Therefore, I stand with my original inference and believe you need to read articles in their entirety before assuming someone else didn't

No, at the time the article was written the reporter did not know who the driver was. Odds are the authorities knew exactly who it was and as typical are not telling the media any details like that until the investigation is complete.

2019 Ford Ranger 4x4

CraneMan
Explorer
Explorer
dewey02 wrote:
CraneMan wrote:

Really?
Instead of being thankful that none of the occupants have life-threatening injuries, you decide to take a potshot at them because they are a Christian band?

Do you know the nature of the situation?
Do you know that it was the fault of the driver?

Do you not see the irony in the situation? Too busy being a busybody? Yeah, I think so. Nothing you posted is pertinent to my statement.
2003 Sea Breeze LX 8311

CraneMan
Explorer
Explorer
DownTheAvenue wrote:
CraneMan wrote:

That is not what the article said. It mentioned that one band member was asleep in his bunk when the wreck occurred and did not know who was driving. That is significantly different that what you have alleged.

Gottschalk said he was asleep in his bunk when the motor home crashed. He does not know who was driving.

Authorities are working to identify who the driver and are investigating other details pertaining to the wreck.

I guess you missed this part. "Authorities are working to identify who was driving" Didn't bother to read the entire article I see.

At the time the article was written, which I have to assume was quite some time after the accident, they had not as yet ascertained who was driving. Therefore, I stand with my original inference and believe you need to read articles in their entirety before assuming someone else didn't
2003 Sea Breeze LX 8311