cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Help! Can't get anyone to work on my F53 6.8 engin

George_Beggs
Explorer
Explorer
My class A Went into limp mode. It shows codes for the intake manifold. Roadside service hauled me to a place in Cordele, Ga. They could not get my motorhome on the lot and even if they could they would not work on it. Everyone that I have called will not work on a class A.

If anyone knows of a place that will work on a class A within 100 miles of Cordele, Ga. Please let me know. Thank you
George & Linda
2007 Bounder 35E
Ford V10
19 REPLIES 19

RodLyle
Explorer
Explorer
do you have road care, aren't they supposed to tow you to a shop that works on motorhomes?

George_Beggs
Explorer
Explorer
I have not checker the fuses. My alternator was replaced a month ago. I have though of a connector coming loose. But I am in Florida and the motorhome is in Georgia.
George & Linda
2007 Bounder 35E
Ford V10

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Have you checked the ECM fuses?
have you had any work done under the doghouse?

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

George_Beggs
Explorer
Explorer
I have cleared the codes. They come back when I start it.
George & Linda
2007 Bounder 35E
Ford V10

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
Well, stuck, fcked, broke down vs a bunch of whining about how hard it is, or not responding to help if you’re the OP, I know where I’d be….trying to get back on the road and forego another tow bill and a bunch of downtime.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

RambleOnNW
Explorer II
Explorer II
Krusty wrote:
Pretty easy to get a throttle body and chuck it on there. One hose and 4 bolts

Easy on a truck, not on a van chassis. On the van chassis the throttle body is under the upper dashboard. The mobile mechanic climbed on the bumper to reach it. Don’t know about Class A accessibility. Likely under the doghouse.
2006 Jayco 28', E450 6.8L V10, Bilstein HDs,
Roadmaster Anti-Sway Bars, Blue Ox TigerTrak

Krusty
Nomad
Nomad
Pretty easy to get a throttle body and chuck it on there. One hose and 4 bolts
Krusty
92 F-250 4x4 460 5spd 4.10LS Prodigy
97 Rustler RT190
EU2000i
Garmin

RambleOnNW
Explorer II
Explorer II
I had a bad throttle body on our V10. I found a mobile mechanic who fixed it in the storage area.

The failure appeared suddenly. Did a trip, stored RV at storage area. A month later went to pick it up for a trip and it threw error codes. Ran the ScanGuage and it said it was in limp mode and throttle plate was stuck shut. Couldn’t drive it anywhere being stuck in idle mode with a max of 1000 rpm.

Mobile mechanic used his diagnostic controls and said the throttle plate motor was working correctly to move the throttle plate, but the position sensor was bad so the position could not be measured. The sensor could not not be replaced separately so it required a new throttle body unit. Mechanic was able to replace throttle body from the front so didn’t have to open up the doghouse.

Good thing ours didn’t die on the road, I can imagine the hassle. Hope you find a competent place to work on your rig soon.
2006 Jayco 28', E450 6.8L V10, Bilstein HDs,
Roadmaster Anti-Sway Bars, Blue Ox TigerTrak

opnspaces
Navigator
Navigator
enblethen wrote:
did you clear the codes so it maybe driveable?

I would second enblethen. Try clearing the code and see if it is driveable. Or can you see something obvious that makes you say nope it needs to be towed?
2001 Suburban 4x4. 6.0L, 4.10 3/4 ton **** 2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH **** 1986 Coleman Columbia Popup

wowens79
Explorer III
Explorer III
I had a fuel pump in my truck go out in Cordele. The guys at Mavis tire were super nice. I doubt they have room to get a class A in, but they might be able to point you in the right direction.

There are 3-4 RV dealers probably an hour north in Byron, and a couple about an hour south in Valdosta/Lake City , if they can't do the motor work, they may be able to point you in the right direction.
2022 Ford F-350 7.3l
2002 Chevy Silverado 1500HD 6.0l 268k miles (retired)
2016 Heritage Glen 29BH
2003 Flagstaff 228D Pop Up

George_Beggs
Explorer
Explorer
I called Ford Customer Service. They said that two places "might" work on it: they will not. My local Ford dealer does work on motorhomes and they are not listed on the Ford website.
George & Linda
2007 Bounder 35E
Ford V10

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
Those are throttle body codes not intake manifold related most likely.
And indicate a stick open throttle body. Maybe the motor for the tb.

And they won’t clear and drive?
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

LadyRVer
Explorer
Explorer
I called Ford Customer Service one time, with Vin and asked them who in my area would work on my Class A motorhome. They were very helpful.

grldst
Explorer
Explorer
My son runs a service center on the north side of Atlanta. If worse comes to shove you can tow it up to him. He’s not cheap but he’s good.