cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Need replacement DVD in 2005 Discovery

mcc1229
Explorer
Explorer
Our 2005 Discovery came from the factory with a DVD/VCR/surround sound unit. The DVD player is toast. Looking for a replacement do not need any VCR but want to keep DVD and surround. Is this a big deal has anyone replaced thanks
4 REPLIES 4

wildmanbaker
Explorer
Explorer
Yes, replace it with a Blu-ray player as it will really improve the picture quality on your TV.
Wildmanbaker

MrWizard
you can replace it with any DVD/Bluray player you want

but you WILL find yourself doing some cable re-arranging , since most new models do NOT have RF or composite A/V output
being HDMI and Component only outputs
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

rgatijnet1
Explorer III
Explorer III
For simplicity, you may try looking for the exact same model for sale on eBay. This would give you back your DVD with all of the wires being exactly the same.

Big_Katuna
Explorer II
Explorer II
I probably have the same one in my 05 Expedition. Are you still using the box of buttons to switch between devices? HD?

I got rid of the box of buttons, installed a flat screen HDTV, ran HDMI to the tv from the sat box, Bluray, connected the ant directly to the tv ran a sound cable to the Surround amp (TV input) now I use the tv input selector to switch between sources.

Now when you switch sources sound comes out of the surround amp no changing inputs required.
My Kharma ran over my Dogma.