cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Newbie needs help

steveinboise
Explorer
Explorer
First....is a 1985 Minnie Winnie a class C motorhome? I think so.

Need help. Just bought this and had it checked through...they say everything works well. But...when I attach a hose to the potable water attachment, it just pours out the back right rear through one of three pipes (center) protruding about 1".

No water through any faucet. If I put my finger through it, it spills out the hot water heater drain port.

I "think" they're broken and supposed to connect to each other, but I cannot find an owners manual and I since this is our first RV...trying to figure it out.

Anybody with resource? Or another Minnie Winnie that knows about this?

I'd appreciate any help.

Thanks.

Steve
4 REPLIES 4

DaveInIowa
Explorer
Explorer
Are you attaching hose to the shore water connection?
Or this occurs when filling tank?
If when attached to shore water inlet, it is my understanding with most rigs that 'transfer' from tank to shore is valved automatic. I have read where this valve can be sticky. You have water via pump from tank; but nothing from shore water.
1994 Fleetwood Tioga Arrow

steveinboise
Explorer
Explorer
wra wrote:
Not being there, I can not advise for sure, but your water tank may be full and the fill water is draining out the overflow. There may be valves near the input hose that need to be turned on and another off, in order for the water system to work from the hose. The valves would need to be reversed, when the water supply hose is not connected and you want to use the water pump to get water from the tank. When using the hose, your water pump should be turned off. When using water from the tank, your water pump should be on.

thanks to the both of you. I'll go lookng for some water valves somewhere...sounds like this is the issue. FYI, these drains underneath are NOT threaded.

wra
Explorer
Explorer
Not being there, I can not advise for sure, but your water tank may be full and the fill water is draining out the overflow. There may be valves near the input hose that need to be turned on and another off, in order for the water system to work from the hose. The valves would need to be reversed, when the water supply hose is not connected and you want to use the water pump to get water from the tank. When using the hose, your water pump should be turned off. When using water from the tank, your water pump should be on.

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Hi Steve,

That is a low point drain. It may have a valve or a plug. Check to see if it is threaded.

You would also need a plug for the drain on the water heater.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.