cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No cold water from kitchen faucet

Dow12
Explorer
Explorer
It would be greatly appreciated if anyone else has had this problem, give me some guidance. I have a 2010 Forest River Georgetown Class A MH. I had sediment in the screens to the toilet, bathroom sink and kitchen faucets that clogged/slowed down the water flow. I cleaned the gunk out of all the screens to everything, but on the kitchen faucet I cannot get cold water to flow. Hot water works fine. After cleaning the screen (where the water comes out at the end of the faucet) and still no cold water, I took the "spray head" part off and cleaned out the little bits of sediments that was there where the waterline screws into the faucet head. Out of curiosity I left the spray faucet head off and turned on the water to see if there was even water flow coming through the water line to the faucet head. When I turned the handle to hot - water came out just fine. When I turned the handle to cold - nothing came out not even a trickle. Is there another screen hidden somewhere that may be gunked up or could there be something wrong with the faucent handle itself? I need to point out that I did have a good build up of sediment since I have been using well water. It is only the kitchen cold water where I dont get water flow. Thank you.
2010 Georgetown Forest /River
36' Gasser Class A
8 REPLIES 8

retiredtraveler
Explorer
Explorer
We just left a campground in NH yesterday.
Last time we were there and this time as well we just got a trickle from the cold water faucet in the kitchen. The rest of the faucets had so-so pressure.
We arrived to this campground yesterday afternoon. LOTS of pressure in all faucets, enough in the cold in kitchen. I guess we both have a similar problem, but plenty of water pressure seems to do the trick.
No solutions, just observations.
Keld

bsinmich
Explorer
Explorer
If you have a single handle faucet where you move from R to L. to get cold water you can remove the cartridge and probably find a buildup of crud in the small hole that the ball rotates in. Check on line for directions from your faucet maker. Delta is very easy to do and the replacement cartridge is not very expensive if needed.
1999 Damon Challenger 310 Ford

HappyKayakers
Explorer
Explorer
Dow12 wrote:
@Pappappy thanks. yes cold water works everywhere just not the kitchen. No shut off valve under sink and has been working just fine up to about a month ago. Old-Bisquit thanks, didnt think of switching lines I will try that. I am going to look into the whole house filter too especially after the amount of gunk that was built up in the screens. Very much appreciated

I have a whole house filter setup outside the 5er. Unfortunately, it doesn't help the sediment problem. Once or twice a year, I'll have to unscrew the 90 degree elbow to my freshwater line and clear out any gunk that has built up just in front of hose washer/screen. Now, I'm trying the screen closer to the water bib since the elbow is in a tight compartment and not easy to work with.
Joe, Mary and Dakota, the wacko cat
Fulltiming since 2006
2006 Dodge 3500 QC CTD SRW Jacobs Exhaust brake
2017 Open Range 3X388RKS, side porch

rgatijnet1
Explorer III
Explorer III
Check the under sink water filter. The cartridge may be plugged up. This should be about 12" high/3" diameter and in the sink cabinet.

dbbls
Explorer
Explorer
I would also filter the water that goes into the fresh water tank.
2011 F-350 CC Lariat 4X4 Dually Diesel
2012 Big Country 3450TS 5th Wheel

Dow12
Explorer
Explorer
@Pappappy thanks. yes cold water works everywhere just not the kitchen. No shut off valve under sink and has been working just fine up to about a month ago. Old-Bisquit thanks, didnt think of switching lines I will try that. I am going to look into the whole house filter too especially after the amount of gunk that was built up in the screens. Very much appreciated
2010 Georgetown Forest /River
36' Gasser Class A

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
Swap the feed lines that connect to faucet.......then if water still only comes out hot side replace faucet.

OR you may find that the cold water line is plugged when you disconnect it from faucet

IF you are going to continue using well water get a whole house filter canister from Lowes, home Depot etc and install on inlet (hose/filter/rig)
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

PapPappy
Explorer
Explorer
Do you get cold water from your shower and bathroom sink?
I'm wondering if maybe your valve is broken in the kitchen faucet?

If you shut off the pump, and then take the cold water faucet handle off, and see if the valve turns properly. I could be that the handle has stripped, so only the handle turns, not the valve.

There shouldn't be any additional screens. Is there a valve under the sink that would allow you to shut of the cold water? That would be the way it was set up in the house...and maybe it got turned off when "winterizing"??

Good luck:)
Bill & Claudia / DD Jenn / DS Chris / GS MJ
Dogs: Sophie, Abby, Brandy, Kahlie, Annie, Maggie, Tugger & Beau 🙂
RIP: Cookie, Foxy & Gidget @ Rainbow Bridge.😞
2000 Winnebago "Minnie" 31C, Ford V-10
Purchased April 2008:B FMCA# F407293
The Pets