Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Norcold 982 A7 when on LP GAS

endeavour99
Explorer
Explorer
Greetings All,
I have a 99 Holiday Rambler Endeavour with the Norcold 982IM.
After not using the RV for the last two years we had a slight mice infestation, but was able to get rid of them and repair the necessary wiring and hoses.

We got ready to use it, but the fridge started flashing A7 when on LP mode or if no shore power is available. It work perfectly on the inverter and shore power.

I opened the outside fridge compartment and verified all connections. I then removed all connections, removed the board cover and verified both (3amp and 5amp cylinder fuse) were good.
Finally I used the reset procedure to try and reset the board, by grounding pin 15 on the data connector to ground for 20seconds, but still getting A7 Low DC Voltage. Can anyone help?
13 REPLIES 13

endeavour99
Explorer
Explorer
yes works fine on A/C, we determined that I am not getting 12volts at the control board while the fridge is in use. my guess is that somewhere along the frame a mouse ate a part of the wire. But i cannot find where the wire goes to.

k9-keno
Explorer
Explorer
Are you saying it works fine on electric power? And has and issue on propane? Sorry I skimmed over it quick.
2007 Damon Daybreak 35.4ft Class A
2001 Georgie Boy 31ft Class C
2003 Coachman Auroa Gold Class A
1995 Coachman Santara Class C
2000 Coachman Pop-up
1988 Dodge Ram Conversion Van

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
endeavour99 wrote:
Can I somehow send you a picture of the panel and the fuse box?

Check your private message. Doug

endeavour99
Explorer
Explorer
Can I somehow send you a picture of the panel and the fuse box?

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
endeavour99 wrote:
Actually all the writing is crystal clear in that compartment, nothing is showing refer or fridge, all fuses are labeled.

Trust me. The 12 volt fuse/CB is there. May not be correctly labeled, but it is there. Doug

endeavour99
Explorer
Explorer
Actually all the writing is crystal clear in that compartment, nothing is showing refer or fridge, all fuses are labeled.

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
Usually Monaco/HR, used the Left front outside storage for the large Circuit 12 volt panel and refer 12 volt power. They also used a 12 volt circuit breaker(5 amp) instead of a 12 volt ATC fuse for the refer 12 volt circuit. Unless after 25 years your printed label for ALL the circuits is gone, the schematic will tell you what circuits are there and their place on the large circuit fuse panel. Doug

Common causes of voltage drop in a 12 volt circuit when load is applied

1. LOOSE spades holding a ATC fuse
2. Loose nuts when on a 12 volt Circuit Breaker
3. BAD ATC fuse that the tungston has not fully blown and separated.

endeavour99
Explorer
Explorer
Update:
I used a 12v battery from my truck and hooked it up to the RV fridge and it worked perfectly in LP/GAS mode.
I again verified that I have 13.95 volts between the power and ground at the RV board, I then turned on the fridge and watched the voltage on the voltage meter and the power voltage went do to 7volts, while the fridge was sparking up... and then it through the A7. I ran a separate ground cable to the ground and no change.
I then ran the wire direct from the house battery to the fridge and the fridge works. I cannot find the fuse in either of my 3 fuse panels for the fridge. I even tried to short the positive and negative wires feeding the fridge and it didn't even have a spark let alone blow a fuse. Can anyone help with where the other end of this positive wire goes to? Which fuse box?

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
The "reset" procedure is for a NO CO lockout. NOTHING else. Your refer will operate to 10.5 volts dc. The voltage is taken at the Pos and Neg input wires to the refer from the RV. NO OTHER testing is needed. Now, when you get an A7 and the voltage IS over 12.0 volts, you then connect a 12 volt battery source, bypassing the RV Power Converter OR Inverter/Charger if you have one. Turn them off or disconnect the 120 shore Power. Best way is to use a 12 volt battery from a UPS system or a 12 volt battery from a 12 volt Power tool. Doug

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
Your voltages are good. Remove check and clean all board connectors. Search for a Utube troubleshooting video.
2009 Holiday Rambler 42' Scepter with ISL 400 Cummins
750 Watts Solar Morningstar MPPT 60 Controller
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland

Bob

endeavour99
Explorer
Explorer
How do you check the voltage at the refer? At the board I am getting 12.5v, but not sure how to check the voltage on the front of the fridge.
When running or show power plugged in getting 13.5 volts at the board.

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
Could be a battery or charger problem.
2009 Holiday Rambler 42' Scepter with ISL 400 Cummins
750 Watts Solar Morningstar MPPT 60 Controller
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland

Bob

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
What is the actual voltage at the refer?

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker