cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ohio toll road E Z pass

et2
Explorer
Explorer
I just ordered a Ohio E Z Pass online for a trip using OH & PA turnpikes. Couple questions. Where is the best location so it reads when passing the toll lane. At bottom center of dash? It says on-line behind rear view mirror ( that won't work). So that being positioned up higher on the windshield has me concerned - if I set it up on MH dash, centered.

The next is the class designations to pick from were real confusing. We have a MH with a tag. So three axles there, and the toad two axles. Total of 5 axles and 12 tires. Over 7000lbs. So that's what I put down. Not sure if I picked correctly as there was a lot of options.

I'm assuming that won't matter as the reader will calculate correctly?

Thanks!!
20 REPLIES 20

schlep1967
Explorer III
Explorer III
As long as there is no metal between the ez-pass and the detector you will be fine just about anywhere. I have seen issues with them on the dash in vehicles that the wiper arms stick up above the dash. Basically putting the metal wiper arm in front of the ez-pass.
2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ 3500 Diesel
2022 Montana Legacy 3931FB
Pull-Rite Super Glide 4500

RetiredBob
Explorer
Explorer
I just toss my I-Pass in the midle of the dash.

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
with all the construction they should pay us to use the pike.

scbwr
Explorer II
Explorer II
I've had mine located slightly below the top center of the windshield for about a year and haven't had a problem.

I wasn't aware of any recommendation by EZ Pass to place it at the lower center windshield location. Thanks tiffy2000!
2012 Newmar Bay Star 3302
Blue Ox Avail
BrakeBuddy Advantage
2015 Malibu

"Get busy living, or get busy dying."
Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

tiffy2000
Explorer
Explorer
I put mine 2-3 inches right of center 6 inches up from bottom as instructions from EZPASS for a class A

larry_cad
Explorer
Explorer
I have a class A diesel MH and have my Ohio EZ Pass located up at the top of the windshield about the middle. Have never had a problem in however many years they have had this service, both in Ohio, Pa, NJ and several other states.
Today is my personal best for most consecutive days alive.

Our Travel Blog