cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Opinions on Travel Assist Insurance

Snomas
Explorer
Explorer
Does anyone use Travel Assist Insurance and/or is there any other way to get your Diesel Pusher driven home if you have a physical problem on the road and can't drive it?

My DW Can't drive our 40" DP.
2006 WINNEBAGO ASPECT 29H Ford E450 Super Duty
2018 F150 Lariat Crew Cab, Coyote 5.0 L RWD
18 REPLIES 18

MarkTwain
Explorer
Explorer
Snomas wrote:
Does anyone use Travel Assist Insurance and/or is there any other way to get your Diesel Pusher driven home if you have a physical problem on the road and can't drive it?

My DW Can't drive our 40" DP.

My experience with GS Travel Assist insurance was positive. They were helpful in explaining the steps and overall procedures needed to use the plan. They talked with the doctors to get and share information needed to use the plan. Fortunately I recuperated quicker than expected and in the end did not need to use the plan after all.

dverstra
Explorer
Explorer
FMCA offers it included with their membership dues.
Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "...Holy Cow....what a ride!"

2007 Holiday Rambler Navigator
2013 Honda CRV
Returned Peace Corps Volunteer - Sierra Leone

kerrlakeRoo
Explorer
Explorer
I dont know that its any better but, Coach-net premier offers return of your RV for medical problems if you are over 100 miles from your home address.

DownTheAvenue
Explorer
Explorer
Good Sam offers one, but I sure would not put them on even my long list to consider. I can't imagine being stranded miles from home and the travel assist people deny your claim, and you have to wait while the rapid response team asks for your contact information so they can escalate the issue to their executive desk.

Do yourself a favor, and look at anything but Good Sam/Camping World